Friday, June 18, 2010

Cashew Chicken..mmm :)

The outcome! Look how yummy! Chris gave it two thumbs up!
Who needs Panda Express when they can make Cashew Chicken at home in less than 30 minutes!!! I love this cookbook that we got at costco - super cheap!! Do you know what rice vinegar is? What about hoisen sauce? Or sesame oil? I have never cooked with any of these things...I was in the grocery store looking for these items without the slightest clue as to what they were for an hour and a half, truly embarrassing, but I found them and they MAKE this recipe. Ya know how you can only make chicken soo many ways...well this switches it up a bit :) 

2 comments:

  1. Looks FABULOUS Kat! I love rice vinegar, hoisin and sesame, they are in alot of our favorite recipes around here! Nummy!!
    The hat you knit is adorable!
    Loves...Chessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHH! SOO stoaked! I have been SUCKING as a cook...hah so to have these be amazing to hubs is just a huge boost for me! thank you! and thanks for the compliment on the hat! it was a practice one..to see how it would turn out.. and it needs some work! but it is cute!

    ReplyDelete