Ahhh what a whirlwind of fun and activities and memories made! I praise the Lord for my time in Washington, it was a blessing to my heart. I have SOOO many photos so I am going to try and fit this all in to as few posts as I can!! We'll see :) Flying was pretty hard as my ibuprofen had worn off by the second flight and i didn't think to bring any...so I was moving every which way to get comfortable and I just couldn't. I finally had to go to the back of the plane..there was turbulence but I didn't care - my back was in mass pain and I was trying to do anything I could to make it go away. So every 45mins or so sometimes I could make it longer - I tracked my way to the back..making everyone happy by telling them I am not in line..hah. Well - the movie was over and I knew that meant only 20 more minutes! I could see the city lights and I was squealing inside. I was sooo excited I was that annoying plane partner telling her all about my family :) Poor dear! Landed and made a bee-line for my luggage and met my BROTHER!!! Caleb outside!! Ahh It was good to see that handsome man. We were off - headed to pick up Ava at her Job Citrus..It's a very classy club, I felt extremely awkward..partially because of what I looked like after 8hrs of travel and partially because everyone was staring - at how i looked, Ha. Snobby! If they only knew what MY day was like :) We headed to Sushi and I got to meet a dear friend of theirs, Jackie. We had some great catching up to do over yummy seafood! I spend the night in their darling humble abode and awoke soo early, knowing my MOM was going to be there ANY minute...ahh the anticipation.
{Classic, Bubba and I)
Marmie came and I just held her. I just held on for a while and cried. It had been much too long. 11 months. The longest I've gone from seeing my Marmie. I just loved that she was right there. We had tea and visited with Caleb and Ava a bit - I was as close as I could get to her..hah practically overlapping her legs. I missed her. We were on the road - another 2hrs of travel until we meet my DAD!! I screamed when I saw him in his office...and ran into his arms. I sobbed..kinda embarrassing how much I cry. Oh my Daddy - was right in front of my face. THis was like my Christmas. We had lunch - the only amount of time he could spare from work. Caught up and just looked at each-other with smiles. Mom and I went to get coffee at the Rustic Coffee Bar!!! My favorite ever..OH it was nice to have a good cup of Jo again. Just something about it, ya know?! We were killing time - waiting for Baby Calvin to be awake from his nap...so we could go over and I could meet the little guy for the first time EVER and see my best friend, Sarah!! Oh my goodness....11 months ago I get a call at 4:30am screaming that Sarah was pregnant!!!! The little guy was born two months ago August 30 - and I am seeing him for the first time!! I was just ecstatic. I was overwhelmed with joy - seeing my friend sooo unbelievably happy. She has everything put together and is just a wonderful mama. She let me hold him right away. I was soo glad!! I was playing with him, trying to make him laugh - successful a few times!! Mainly I was just soaking him up - he was soo chill!! I was impressed! At one point I just stared at him and was thinking what a long wait this has been - being involved in this area in my friends life...baby showers, shopping, birth etc. I totally just broke down with happy tears. Totally lost it. Ahh, that precious child - the love of my dear friend, how it was nice to meet you. Thanks mom for being there to document this precious moment!!
{Sarah, Me, Calvin...Together at LAST!}
Wow - Ok THAT was great!!! So then we went for a quick stop to Grandma and Grandpas house! They look so wonderful! Then to head home to the new home in Ferndale..kinda weird I must say. It was darling none-the-less and It actually felt like home right away. I LOVE the house and all the open-ness. There was a precious poster awaiting me on the wall!! We had dinner together as a family!!! Ah glorious. Michael came home - and I got to hug that handsome stud. We just all hung and chatted and relaxed that evening. It was just such a fantastic day.











No comments:
Post a Comment