Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmastime Is here...

Ah so after coming home from a place that actually has a winter..and shops all about Christmas as well as Hot Red Coffee Cups in every hand...I totally became warped into the Christmas Spirit. Last year it was pretty hard to enjoy "Christmastime" here in Maui with the palms and the sunshine. But this year it hasn't fazed me - I'm denying the fact that it's 85 every day and trying to do all the things I would want to normally in this month :) Chris and I had to get our tree from Home Depot this year rather than a farm...it was different but a tree none-the-less, and we are grateful. We picked it up the day Chris got me from the airport, and then we came home for the decor and enjoyment of Christmas in our home. Right away Chris had wrapped the gifts he purchased while I was gone and placed them under the tree. I did my shopping and added my batch to the pile! The Cats are just adorable with the tree. Patrick in the beginning was climbing it to the top. He soon learned mom and dad don't like that :) We often would come into the living room to find them laying together on the tree skirt, pretty picture perfect I would say. Darling :) The bummer is the bows and strings that were on the gifts are now in the garbage due to biting and ripping. We have had to re-tape a bit but at least I got a photo when it looked all nice. We have not watched many movies for the season, or had any seasonal treats - I need to get on that! Ah but It's just been nice to enjoy the house being all festive.




















No comments:

Post a Comment