Sunday, December 26, 2010

Our Christmas Tree's version of the "Cranberry and Popcorn String."

Christmas Tree Flag Banner :) 
(for you kristine!!)

So one day I saw this darling flag banner on a blog I follow. Growing up every Christmas Season my family and I would needle strands of Cranberry and Popcorn to wrap all around the tree. I learned to hate this tradition (doing it myslef anyhow...) because I was constantly pricking my finger with the needle, OUCH! hah. So I saw this simple, country style craft and had to make it my own. I got hemp as the string, and three types of Christmassy fabric to make something to wrap around our tree, that we can re-use every year without having to make a new one. Super fun! I procrastinated though and wasn't able to do it until Christmas Eve. It was soo peaceful. I had just gotten a pedicure. I was watching Hallmarks "12 Men of Christmas" (DARLING!). I was taking my time and SOO not rushed. I think it turned out darling. Kinda looks like a child did it, but I don't care. It was cheap, fun, festive and make's the tree suuuper cute. :)








1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting the pictures!!! And I'm glad to read the text because I knew about the popcorn and cranberries tradition from your childhood, but I didn't connect that the banner was going to be starting a fresh new tradition for your tree. I just love that! And love your pictures. The santa cupcakes are adorable. Oh, and the slow paced Christmas Eve ... how you enjoyed it the way you did. Ahhhh.

    ReplyDelete