Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Fettuccine with Lemon and Parmesan, Sauteed Chicken in a Mustard Cream Sauce, Green Beans and a nice glass of Red Wine :)

Fettuccine with Lemon, Mint, and Parmesan
Ingredients


  • 1 pound dried fettuccine (Half a box)
  • Coarse salt ( I wish I had sea salt)
  • 3 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated (1 cup), plus more for garnish
  • 2 tablespoons julienned lemon zest
  • 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
  • 1/2 cup torn fresh mint leaves (I used parsley)
  • 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
  • Crushed red-pepper flakes, optional (a MUST)

Directions

  1. Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
  2. Transfer pasta to a large bowl, and mix in reserved cooking liquid, cheese, lemon zest and juice, mint, oil, and red-pepper flakes, if desired. Divide among dishes, garnish with cheese, and serve immediately.

    I knew I used this recipe before from Martha's Great Food Fast cookbook, since I sold it in Maui - I looked it up and there it was! Just as yummy as always :) Simple and yet elegant. You can find the recipe for the Sauteed Chicken in Mustard Cream Sauce Here, in a previous post of mine! Where you will also find my favorite green bean recipe - but I just used them from the can this time around. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment