Thursday, August 11, 2011

A morning for me.

Just when I thought I was going to have a morning with my husband, out to breakfast, by the ocean and just us enjoying life before work....life happened and It ended up being a morning for me. He scheduled a hair appt in La Jolla - but I still came with him. I got a coffee and walked down to the La Jolla park by the ocean as he was gettin a new do. I wasn't in a hurry, just relaxed on the beautiful sunny day. I walked to the nearest unoccupied bench and just sat. Sitting alone on a bench, staring at the ocean...I'm joined by an elderly lady from Jersey with a feather coming out of her hat - who starts talking away about books, ethnicity, how I should never buy a house with a swimming pool, why it's important to know North South East West so you walk in the shade, the russians, old photos etc...she stood up three times, thinking she was going to continue her walk, nope...she sat right back down.:) I can't say I didn't like the company or the conversation, it made for quite an interesting morning, that turned out not to be lonely at all.





No comments:

Post a Comment