Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Chicken "Panini" with mozzarella and salsa rossa


found at anthropologie.

This meal was AMAZING....well it looked amazing...I realized I had only one chicken breast - so I had salad and pupus and Chris had this delish gourmet meal :)

9oz mozzarella cheese (thin slices/lower fat)
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (one)
8 fresh basil leaves (I WISH I had these - but I used dry.)
2 cloves garlic (1 Clove)
1tbs oil (1/2)
sea salt/pepper

put chicken on board - cut horizontally through without cutting all the way - open flat - season with salt/pepper, add basil leaves, garlic slices, and mozzarella slices. Secure with toothpick after folding back over. Brush with oil and cook 8 min each side - serve hot with salsa rossa, a few extra basil leaves and lightly dressed baby salad greens.


SALSA ROSSA
1 large red bell pepper (I think It would be better with it but I didn't have it)
1tbs oil (1/2)
2 cloves garlic (1 clove)
2 large ripe tomatoes, peeled, rough chopped (1 med tomato)
small pinch hot pepper flakes
1tbs oregano (1/2 tbs)
1tbs red wine vinegar (didn't have vinegar - just used red wine.)
sea salt/pepper

broil pepper till charred, put in plastic bag, cool. Peel discard skin, remove seeds, reserve any juices. chop the flesh. Heat oil in skillet, add garlic, saute for 3 min. Add tomatoes, pepper flakes, oregano - simmer 15 min. Stir in chopped pepper and vinegar and simmer 5 min more. Transfer to blender - puree. Add salt/pepper.


No comments:

Post a Comment