Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sauteed Chicken in Mustard Cream Sauce with Lemon - Thyme Green Beans

"Great Food Fast" - Martha Stewart


{Sauteed Chicken in Mustard Cream Sauce}

Sprinkle each chicken breast with salt and pepper. Heat 2tbs olive oil over med high - add chicken - saute until cooked 10-12 min each side. Transfer to plate. Pour 1/4 white wine into skillet. cook 1 min until reduced to half. Wisk in 1/2 cup heavy cream and 2tbs dijon mustard and 1tsp tarragon. cook 2 min.  Pour over chicken on plate. 

{Lemon - Thyme Green Beans}

In skillet with a fitting lid..bring 1/2in water to boil - salt generously. Add green beans - reduce to simmer and cover the skillet. Steam the beans tossing occasionally until crisp tender 6-10 min (I didn't stir and left on high for like 4 minutes and Husband LOVED them.) Drain (I didn't have water left to drain) add lemon juice and butter and thyme and salt and pepper. Toss in bowl - serve. (I had like 1.5cups beans so I added like a tbs butter and 1 tbs lemon juice. they say with 1.5lbs green beans - use 3tbs lemon and 2tbs butter) SOOO Yummy :)

3 comments:

  1. That looks absolutely scrumptious! I just might have to give it a try! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy. I love a white wine sauce, it's so good. Great food photos.You must frame some for a kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHH you guys it SOO was delicious! Good Idea leslie!

    ReplyDelete