I was suggested by a VERY dear friend of mine to do a countdown before I leave. So I will post each day (or do my best) for the 30 days we have left here. I will have an image, hopefully, of the "Favorite" thing I discuss about Maui on the particular day, if not - it will be another image I took that very day to savor the beauty of the island. 30 Days of Photos...30 Days of FAVS! So excited, this is a GREAT way to leave, by focusing on the wonderful things that brought us here in the first place.
ok....so here goes :)
day 30.
{painting on the side of a public restroom, Baby Beach}
faVORite.....
beach to go hunting for shells, sea-glass and all goodies washed ashore from the ocean???
- Kapalua Beach
- FT. ST. Beach (By Cheeseburger and Paradise)
- Baby Beach
Ok, so I chose this question because I hit the JACKpot today finding some MASSive sea-glass and some large broken, but still beautifully unique shells :) This always makes me very happy, and is one of my favorite things to do in Maui. There is such a peace about it. Your toes are in a sand spa, your hair is being blown by the refreshing wind to counter the blazing glorious sunshine beaming down on your neck. Everyone around you is relaxing or you are alone and in a complete peaceful state of mind with the world at the moment. Thinking about nothing but the fond childhood memories picking agates with your family. The knowledge that if you just look a little harder, and wait, scanning the grounds patiently you just might find the winning treasure. The piece that would make you the BEST treasure hunter of them all. Finding beauties no one would because they are in the palm of your hand. It sounds like satisfaction in power, being the best, winning. In a way it is. Mostly it's just a BEAUtiful reminder of the blessed time you had and the wonderful memories you've made. Lovely items that you can turn around and make even lovelier turing it into a gift or a piece of jewelry to hang over your heart. They are precious things. I don't need much, I'm not a materialistic person. Memories, natural treasures that mark those memories, now those are worth more than a channel bag to me. That's MY kind of obsession :)
No comments:
Post a Comment