Wednesday, September 21, 2011

a taste of heaven on earth....

....was having my parents here to visit in our new city, in our new home to show them our new life :) They got to see our home first and meet their grandkitties :) I took them to in and out for their first experience ever which ended up being a fabulous success. SO many fun conversations catching up about every little thing, laughing, dad's jokes and moms smile! We relaxed in the hot-tub, had delish meals and such peaceful walks on the coast of california filling our pockets with treasures. The four of us spent such a fun time at the zoo and in old town! Coronado and Sea Port Village was great and I LOVED playing games with mom and dad. Even though it was fun to be out of the house and tour the town, my favorite parts of their visit was just relaxing and talking and playing games. Things we would do normally if we were still in WA. Watching Anne of Green Gables with mom and dad, getting a back rub from mom, eating meals and talking about life, mom and I going for our very own coffee date while the boys went for breakfast, cooking while the boys watched football, playing yathzee and quiddler ya know?!, those things...those things we my favorite. If I could do that the whole time I would have :) Although I did enjoy getting out of the house. It was such a blessing to have them here. The last two days I struggled with my attitude as I was realizing they are leaving so soon and then it will be another three months before i see them again! I can't tell you how hard it is to let them in, enjoy life while they are here and then let them go - just like that - 5 days and poof!! people you spent 22 years under the same roof or a half hour away...and then they are going two states away, a 24hr drive, a 3hr flight and just wayyy TOO far away and too soon. UGH. Well, I have these photos to look at, and my parents will soon get skype again which will help, thank goodness I have my husband here with me :) He is my anchor (other than jesus.) I am grateful for the Lords provisions here and I am grateful we are now on the mainland! Until we meet again parentals....please enjoy these as they are MY favorite images of the time we spent together :)
 adoring chris :)
and now the kitties :) 
i LOVE this of them. ESP moms smile. thats a happy im with my daughter smile :) 
ah. we were told we have the same smile :) 
love.
 handsome
they are PRECious 
soo fun all at the zoo, the boys making jokes here and there :) 
 ah i think she is a vision.
and he a stud and MY HUSband :) 
the 4 of us :) papas sweet face. 
 dad with his son! 
yahtzee!!!
 
 romance.
papa in a distance. 
mama FILLEd with joy. 
 LOVE when they laugh together. they really are a great pair.
 love her so much it aches.
 ohhh my papa :)
together :)






i was repaying her for the back rub :)
 mom and my date to ocean beach :)
 love this candid, just conversing over pizza and fish tacos :)
the boardwalk before goodbyes..


1 comment:

  1. those are good. Your mama is beautiful. Time with family is the best, isnt' it.

    ReplyDelete