Friday, September 30, 2011

O for grace to trust him more...


{Airport Beach, Film - Canon AE-1, 2010}

"TIS SO SWEET"

Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus
Just to take Him at His Word
Just to rest upon His promise
Just to know Thus sayeth the Lord

O how sweet to trust in Jesus
Just to trust His cleansing blood
And in simple faith to plunge me
Neath the healing cleansing flood

Jesus Jesus how I trust him
How I've proved him o'er and o'er
Jesus Jesus precious Jesus
O for grace to trust him more

Yes, 'tis sweet to trust in Jesus
Just from sin and self to cease
Just from Jesus simply taking
Life and rest, and joy and peace


Aching for trust lately. I would love to have that peace, that knowledge that everything is going to be ok. I need to stop analyzing, stop doubting, stop questioning and "rest upon His promise". 1 Peter 5:7 - Casting all your cares upon Him for HE cares for you. Ah. I need to let go. I need to believe and trust and REST in this promise. 

1 comment:

  1. Miss you! Love you. Staying up way too late but had to sneak a look at your blog. Not as much time to read blogs since I'm in school. But will try to keep up. Loves!

    ReplyDelete