Sunday, March 20, 2011

You had a reason, This was part of your plan for me.

My last night shift at Aina Gourmet Market.

So....it all started....three weeks ago I asked off Friday and Saturday for a moving sale that my husband and I had to have. Two weeks ago my asst manager changed the system of requests off and forgot to transfer my request. One week ago I found this out when I was not given those days off. I notified him and he acted like everything was going to be ok. He said the manager was going to work things out with me on Monday. Monday she was sick. He said she would call me on tues. Then I emailed her on tues to please call me regarding the schedule, since I hadn't heard from her since Sat. This whole time, nothing seemed to be wrong. It seemed as if it was ok. Thursday I come into work and asked my manager if she had time to talk about the schedule since I hadn't heard from her. She asked "whats wrong with the schedule?" This is when I let her know that I thought she was told by asst manager about what happened and was told she would get back to me all week. That i needed the weekend off because the sale was on craigslist and my husband and I are the only family on the island. She proceeded to flip out at me, say hurtful things, threaten me of sorts, raised her voice and was completely unreasonable doing so in front of all my co-workers, her husband and customers. - when i was just trying to figure out what we could do to make it work. I won't tell you all the things she said in detail. This time - during this issue at work, I KNOW with all my heart I handled everything from the start the way I should have. I did NOTHING wrong. I didn't lash back at her when she was being crazy to me. I kept trying to figure out why she was being like this. Very unfair. Very rude. Very hurtful. No attempt to work things out. No apologies for mis-communication or the fact that she was unable to give me the time off. I don't know what I did to deserve such raw treatment. I wrote the HR to see what she could do. She basically didn't even try to get us in the office to work things out, she just said if I was scheduled I had to show up. Then I was notified that if I did not show to work those days, they were going to assume I quit. I told them this is truly unfortunate, I don't know how this all happened, but I still needed to have the moving sale, and there was no possible way I could come in. I was truly treated poorly but responded the way I should have. I tried to end it on good terms to keep my card account, although seems they don't want anything that has to do with me there any longer. This makes me so sad and yet I am glad to be out of such a damaging environment. I had great times there. I met some great people. I saw the sunset every night. I loved the earth-friendly, local concept. I am now unemployed 1 month before I should have been. That is 1600 dollars that was going towards moving. I am trying not to stress. I have let people know I am available for babysitting and photo jobs. I also am going to try and get my cards in some other coffee shops! I was thinking about seeing if anyone back home in Washington would like to make an order of my cards 1 or more and I would have them delivered to them. Just scrambling for cash. The other day, the day I lost my job. We received a check in the mail from my Grandpa Murphy. He just had a note in there...Hope this Helps. He had no clue I just lost my job. The Lord DOES provide when we are in need. I am trying to be confident in such things! Wow. What a weekend. The Lord also blessed us with a successful Moving sale!! We will have one more in 4 weeks. I am still hoping to get two accounts with Ululanis Shave Ice and with America 2 Sailboat! We will see. If you all pray or want to send "good vibrations" or whatever your belief is. We would appreciate your prayer. If you know anyone who would be great to work for in San Diego, or any contacts at all I would love to talk to you about it! I just pray my next job in San Diego is one I can stay with and will be honest, legal, respectful and just. To God be the Glory. 

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing story. It truly is amazing to me that anyone can keep their cool during a tough situation like that. I'm so sorry to hear that happened to you. God completely DOES provide. My husband was unemployed this past year for ten months and just when we didn't think we could buy groceries, a friend from church gave us a Christmas card with a $50 visa gift card. God is always with us. I hope your move isn't too painful and that everything goes smoothly. Kudos to you for showing God's grace in a rough situation where you could have exploded back at her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh thanks dear for the encouragement. God does provide :)

    ReplyDelete