{photo by Sofia}
{ Mr. Monk Seal, Me, Sofia }
{photo by me}
{photo by me}
{when at work - we had word of a Monk Seal -extint creature- sleeping on the beach! So we (sofia and I) ran to go see - we AWWWWED over this beautiful seal, I dipped my toes in the ocean and we got back to work..}
There are so many things going in my head right now. It has been a rather stressful week. Beginning with the Tsunami, AGAIN. Almost a year apart. Same thing. Scrambling all our food, and precious belongings with us - not knowing. Filling the tub up with water, knowing the cities water was going to be shut off. (great I had my period... and what if you have to poop? very hard to be feminine when you have to poop and can't go in the toilet.) Just waiting. I got one hour of sleep that night, half sleep at that. We waited with our Maui Family. When the tsunami hit around the island, there was damage to all the harbors/boats and docks. There was minor flooding in some homes/apartment complexes, businesses and schools. There was a sewage spill and debris all in the ocean from the harbors I believe, but guess what? We are all ok. We are all alive. Our homes are in tact and our jobs are still there for us. May have been a horribly stressful 12hrs but now...we can do nothing but get on our knees and pray for the hurting country of Japan. Customers came in to work, complaining, angry, upset, tired and grouchy. PEOPLE, there was just a DISASTER to a beautiful country. People that didn't have 8 hours to evacuate!! They didn't see the 26ft wave coming! They don't have energy, or warmth or HOMEs! or Jobs, or boats and are in danger of nuclear explosions. WOW. perspective maybe? So I just kept on my smile, i didn't deny that it was scary. But I did NOT give in to those who thought they were having the most miserable day ever. And I had a GREAT day. I felt alive. I served people with a MUCH more happy heart than I have lately. Praise you God from Whom all Blessings Flow.
So we are home - with our cats. We have been working a lot lately. We are tired, but happy. There has been lots of cleaning and organizing. This home is a bit discombobulated due to the move and garage sale we will be having this weekend. I can't wait to have a home to put things into - and organize and clean from the start! Yes, we have a GARAGE SALE this weekend!! WHOHOO! I am sad my Aunt Vicki won't be here to help me. But I can't wait to see her in a month. It will happen Friday and Saturday. :) :)
Tomorrow is my Papas 54th Birthday :) There will be a post just for him tomorrow!
We booked the car to ship on the 26th! Now we need to book a hotel in S.D. and I think thats it!
I finished reading Harry Potter - and am going to watch the movie tonight! I am half way through Breaking Dawn and I am beginning The Hunger Games. I ADORE books.
I have a family shoot this Saturday night and can't wait!!! I have been asked to make postcards, enlarged prints and cards for my current job "Ania Gourmet Market." I am going to try to sell cards in the harbor (images of A2) and try to sell cards at Ululanis Shave Ice (if I can ever get over there for the last few image ideas!)
I can't wait to work in a place where there is respect and good work ethic, no abuse of the job description and consistency. With Girls who love rather than HATe their job and just somewhere I love. There is a guy that works at the pool - he told us girls he delivers local tomatoes one day, plays with monkeys another, works at the pool selling sun-screen and volunteers when there is a monk seal or turtle on the beach. These are things HE loves. I want to do things I love. Which would be interior design, photography, floral design and maybe beach clean up or reading at an old folks home or something. It was inspiration.
I am overjoyed about our new adventure. I love my husband. He is my ROck. (yes God is my rock - but My husband is the husband sort of Rock.) :) He loves me. I can't wait to road trip, camp and get lost with Him. I can't wait to go to Florida, St. Louis and Maine. I am excited.
I am sad that I haven't talked to my brother since my birthday maybe? Peter - he has his nose in his books like always. Pray for him if you can. He needs to do well. My brother Caleb keeps getting hit with car costs. Please pray for LARGE tippers at his work. My sister Ava is an amazing baker - her latest are fancy cupcakes that look professional. My Brother Michael just beat 9 others to become one Tattoo Artists apprentice for a year or three? Pretty awesome. I am proud! My Brother Tyler just broke up with his g.f. He is on to bigger and better things, this is a hard thing but I believe it was healthy. I love this boy. He might be coming with us to California and we will fly him back home. My mom is looking for jobs. I hope she gets something in floral or interior design. She is TOP notch. My Dad, he is almost 54 and amazing. He loves his job - and is still in remission. He is missing us kids during his birthday. Love you papa. My Grandpa is visiting WA when I am home - exciting although we have to hide him when my Aunt Vicki and Midge and Cousin Kelsey come over. SIck. Hate that stuff but they mean the world to me to not see them. Evans parents just had an explosion across their neighborhood but are ok. Loving Colorado but would love more snow :) All other G.parents are healthy (that I know of.) oh. Ya. My Grandma Vivian got married. Weird, im not gonna lie. Ever since high school I've felt more distant from her.
I am so excited about life some days and other days feel lower than low. I question If I can beat my disabilities to the ground, or if I'll give into them. example. I want to go to school, but will I even be able to get higher than a c on anything? I would go to school for interior design or floral design...but would I remember, ANYTHING? I need repetitiveness or to have known it years before to remember. Since my spanish has come back does that mean there is hope? (this is what I go through.) stupid huh? I used to be more secure in myself than this. I used to be more independent.
So the blessing about moving to a new place. I can become whoever I want to be. I can start over. I can change things I didn't like about my self -(not my BOOBS - i won't ever be THAT California girl) Im talking about my swearing, (yes i struggle with this) or my negative attitude, or my clinging to gossip and participating in such things just to fit in. I used to not do any of this. Here I got in a rut. I want out. I can do this. I can be the BEST parts of Katherine. Christ-like, FUN, adventurous, silly, encouraging, confident, happy, kind, smart, go-getter, fearless, secure in my self, adorer of my husband, carer of strangers, business woman, artsy, friend and mother someday. I can't wait to be the best of me all the time.
I have been praying for my friend at work - her name is Jenn. She lost her 7th baby. She made it a month farther than ever before. She is hurting. I HURT for her. I have a co-worker that is disappeared - for more than 3months. Sad. My cousins cousin is very ill and in the hospital. One of my BEST friends has tumors in her brain. Praying she heals.....so many when you look around have heart-aches. I can't believe it. I wish I could heal - but prayer is all I can do.
This is so long. But it's my heat. It's my life. I am going to make my Papas birthday gift. :) Have a HAPPY tuesday. Love you all - Thank you for reading my blog.
Ahhhh. I feel pretty caught up with you after reading that post! I loved it. You're amazing. So genuine and engaged in other people's lives. So compassionate. Your life is such a mix of happy/sad! You are doing great. I love you!
ReplyDeleteIt is SUCH a mix. Ahh thanks for the compliment. I love you heaps.
ReplyDelete