Sunday, October 24, 2010

Thinking of Beautiful Fall :)

Thinking....because I no longer live in the Pacific Northwest! I am blessed where I live with 80plus weather every day, palm trees and the beautiful warm ocean at my doorstep, but you can't grow up in Washington for 22 years and not be desperate for fall at this time of year. I have been craving the fall colors and leaves! This is a photo of my cousin Sarah...second from the right with her friends in (Germany??).  Isn't this just darling of friends?!? This captures a huge part of fall, being outdoors, enjoying the brisk yet beautiful weather. I also miss fall fashion!! I miss bundling in layers with all accessories!! Boots are a must as well as scarves!! I love wearing tights with skirts and darling sweaters or jackets! I miss ENJOYing a hot cup of coffee with  my girlfriends, mom and my Husband. Here I will have a hot cup but it's never been quite the same, you generally end up needing to hop in the shower from intense heat stroke!! hah. Eggnog lattes are my favorite! I cannot wait to have my first of the year. The rain. The rain is an oh so real thing of Washington. A sound and smell and feeling i desire every day! I never came to Maui to get away from the rain as everyone assumes. I love the rain. I love dancing and singing, i love playing soccer in the rain. Everything about it is blissful!! AHH! I love decorating the house with fall items as my Mother is an interior designer :) So I get that itch from her!! I don't have many things but am DYING for this beautiful home-made wreath for my door :) Check out http://lettersfromcoco.blogspot.com/ and look at her Etsy shop!! The cutest wreaths!! Guess what? I get to experience most of these things as i visit home in three weeks!! YAY!! It will be hard to be away from hubby but I am looking forward to soo many things I love about "home" :)!!! 

What do you LOVE about fall :) Where does it take you back to? 







2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you get to come to WA soon! Fall misses you too! I'm so sorry about your neighbors. When we used to live in crappy neighborhoods I called the police at least once a month. But even that has its downsides. I hope they move soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what? your cousin went to Tauernhof? bah! some of the students at capernwray in spring school went to tauernhof in the winter! weird awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete