{Ironwoods}
Saturday, October 2, 2010
other side of the bar...???
Hmmm...after living in Maui, I have just about had it with the food/service via food and coffee industry. I have always been a coffee LOVER. Especially loved making it for others - giving them the best part in their day. I loved my customers...making them happy, encouraging them and learning from them. I loved selling delicious and local products. I just can't stand working at a place where no one cares. I know you want to say "Well you are going to have that everywhere..". Yes, that is true to a certain point. Maui, though, laziness is their thing. Not caring about anything but number 1 is their thing. The concept of helping others as they have helped you...is not known here. Not only that but it is soooo hot - that you are constantly wiping your forehead or upper lip before you serve...it's disgusting. Soo not classy and soo a high school job if there is no desire to be upper management. I want to work with people who lift their chin up and say "This isn't where I want to be today - but I have to and I'm going to make the best of it." I want to work at a place where I can go father than just Barista. I hate having people ask me where I went to school - to me you might as well as me if I am educated or un-educated. It is hard for me to say i didn't and also be working at a job that doesn't hold much promise or reason for respect. I hate being treated sometimes like a low class 50's african american maid - point is...we are all just soo important in our own ways. I just wish those with more money or fake boobs or graduates or anyone and everyone could see that. On the flip side it's challenging me to be bigger and better. Ya know...run faster - spit farther...I had my first real sales job out here....I was fantastic. (Not boasting..just didn't know I was capable.) That would be fun to be in...I also think it would be nice to get a 2 year degree for floral design or interior design or both. I have always wanted to be my Mom in this way. I would love to eventually have my own little flower shop. Ahhh just sooo done with my work. I can't bear to be there another day and yet I have to stick it out like 5ish more months...So. Here is to being on the other side of the bar drinking coffee as a distinguished designer. Here is to lifting my chin up until then to Glorify my God and Savior. Ok....here goes...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You know Kat, sometimes I feel the same way. Like when the 20 yr reunion what have you done with your life questionaire comes out or when some one says, oh we haven't done anything today like you, after I spent a day homeschooling, cleaning house, laundry and running errands. I totally understand how you feel. Way to look at your situation from God's view: you are important, you can be the best God wants you to be. Sometimes I lose focus - way to keep in focus. 5 months isn't long - you can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
ReplyDeleteUgh...ya it's hard. I love you, thanks for the encouragement!!
ReplyDelete