Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tuesdays ..Treasures in my home.

...a post about the marvelousness of our Disneyland vacation is to come!!! ...

bUt for Now...
My dearest friend here in Maui, Ileta, recently went on a CRAZY long vacation! One of the many pins on her map was Mexico! She brought me back this BEAUTIFUL cross thinking I would LOVE it and thought it matched my style and the colors in the house, oh DEAR was she right on. I ADORE it, and treasure it, mostly because it was a gift from her. I hate owning things that have no meaning or story behind them. Another reason is it's a cross. We do not necessarily share the same view on religion, religion aside - she respects me for my beliefs and I do hers. That is HUGE to me coming from a small town. Ahh she is just an absolute gem. I wish you could all know her, she has the biggest heart and has got me through a lot of hardship. Isn't it BEAUTIFUL!??
Mr. Crabbs! hah. Chris and I ventured to our favorite little gift shop alongside the West Maui's. This time I wanted to bring something home for OUR home. Something darling and sea like. So we find him. We just had a nail up to hold our keys..I think he makes it so much more interesting :)
Oh mama, how I miss you! My mother sent this to me in a care package. Isn't it precious? I have it hanging by the window in the kitchen. When I am doing dishes I look at it often and it brings so many happy memories with her in it! She and I share the same love for the ocean, seagulls and the smell of saltwater. She is such a great mother, I've never appreciated her like I do now. Thanks marmie.

No comments:

Post a Comment