This book is one of the ones I grew up reading. This book, this book was my life two days ago. It all started, so people say, with the full moon being three days ago. Apparently it's all the moons fault! That and me thinking it was going to be a fantastic day. You are not going to believe this but it's all true.
So it started with me thinking I was supposed to meet my friend Tina, who was visiting, at Lulus in Lahaina. I order a water and get a text that she was here. She wasn't here obviously, so I called her and asked what was up. She was at the Lulus in Kihei, about 20ish minutes away. So i suck it up and get in the car to drive her way. About half way through I am in the Pali and see this dust and dirt. I was about 2 seconds after a car must have flipped and smashed on the side of the road. As I near the accident all I see is this Hispanic girl upside down in the window of the car, stuck. Behind her is her sister and her father also stuck in this car that seems to be close to catching on fire if not exploding. So my initial reaction based off of shock and pure fear for their lives was to pull over and get them out of their car as soon as possible. The guy ahead of me had the same idea, so he was able to help them get out...all the while telling everyone to get back cause the car was going to catch on fire. (My hands are shaking as I am writing this.) I was over by them and brought the littlest girl across the street to get her away from the possible explosive vehicle. She got her blood on me and then looked at me and said "I can't, my papa!" So of course I don't hold her back from going to him. After all three persons are out of the car and safe and standing, a guy yells "It's going to explode!!!" I run to my car since it was parked directly across from the wrecked one. Terrified, freaked, in shock I lift the handle to get in the car and it's locked. The keys were in the car. So I ask each person for a phone to call my husband. After calling him and getting quite the terrified love filled angry response from him that basically he couldn't help, a mom figure said to me that she could take me to Lahaina, she has the whole day off and would love to help. So here i am in the car with a complete stranger heading to Lahaina to get my spare key. I get to the house and we head back and turn by turn in the Pali and there is NO JEEP!!!!! Of COURSE! I think to myself. I didn't wait for the cops to show before heading to get the key. I didn't tell them it was mine and I'm just locked out. So the nice lady pulled us over and we called the cops and asked them where it was. We headed to the towing place and the local gal said it was going to cost $235.00 because It was a traffic hazard, and that was knocked down already. I loose it. Totally start weeping and I say "I guess this is what you get for trying to save someones life!" She held up her finger (to wait) and looked slyly to her co-worker to make sure he wasn't looking. She took me to the back and pointed to the total. $163.00. She was cutting me a break, and for that I am grateful, but COME ON!!! I get in my car, call Chris and totally fall apart. NOTE: I was supposed to meet Tina at 2:00 and I got to the tow place at 4:17, I didn't have my phone so I didn't have her number. I called Lulus, I called the hotel, no such luck. I finally get a hold of her to tell her I'm coming. We meet and have some heart to hearts over nachos. I head home because we have a whole house to pack. Guess what? There is NO light on in the house. NO light. Thank goodness we left two candles and a lighter there by chance. So here I am packing by candlelight. I stubbed my toe and I hit my head on the corner of the over light thing above the oven. I loaded the car up and then met Chris. We came home and Loaded his borrowed truck. Went to the new house to unpack the vehicles and hit the pillows. Ah, lying down, safe and alive, next to the Love of my life about to shut my eyes. I am grateful. I am so grateful and thankful for the saved lives of the hispanic family. I am so grateful no one else was involved. I am thankful for that woman, that stranger that was there for me. I am thankful for a husband that cares soo much for me that he would be furious at my stupid actions and make sure I knew how I did wrong (also knowing that all I cared about was the life of this child and her family.) I am thankful that our only form of transportation is not in pieces. So here it is. My Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. But guess what, I would say that It could have been so much worse, so for that I praise My Jesus.

Wow, Kat that is a wild incredible full of adventure kind of day. I would have broken down way sooner than you did.
ReplyDeleteWhat a day you had, my dear cousin. I too am thankful that you are safe, and that you were not harmed. You were at that scene for a reason though, that little girl you held - if only for a moment - needed you to be there. Maybe the gal that helped you out also needed you, needed the company, or just needed to bless someone that day. You did good sweetheart. :o) xoxoxo
ReplyDeleteKelsey
Ah leslie - I was wayy to in shock.
ReplyDeleteKelsey - Thank you - ah, yes im sure this was all in Gods plan. Yikes. hah.