Ok Guys, we have almost been in Maui for a year and a half. CRAZY! Seriously didn't think I would last this long, and quite honestly - about a year ago I wasn't lasting. Chris and I have grown immensely both individually and separately. A year ago I wasn't really living in Maui and I definitely wasn't loving Maui. All I could think of was what I was missing in Washington, the events, holidays and my loved ones milestones etc. I was so blinded with sadness and self pity and was not aware of the fun and beauty that I was missing. I don't know when it clicked but somewhere from fall to spring this just became an incredible adventure. This became a life. I was me again. I became happy and satisfied and excited. The Lord totally opened my heart to this place. I had such a bitter, (sadly racist) awful take on Maui. When people asked me about moving here - I didn't suggest it - and probably crushed what could have been a marvelous time for them. Now, it's becoming more and more a home. For this I am happy. I longed to not feel the way I was, it definitely was not pleasing to God. Right now, I am happy. I am grateful for this opportunity. I am thankful for how the Lord has taken care of us every step of the way. I am excited for what he has for us in the coming years. I am so grateful for my family and friends encouragement, love, prayers and support. I have a husband that is desperately in Love with me and I with him. I have a home that we share. We have food on our table every meal. We have jobs that also provide us with insurance. We have transportation. We have the ocean at our doorstep. We are able to pay our bills. Ahh, how Great is our God. I think I am finally over the home-sick hump. I have learned to leave and cleave. Friends..Ahh I have done such a great deal of learning. I am finally starting to make friends! Yes, people!!! I have friends here! It's taken a while but I do. Ileta, Sasha, Lauren and Lacy are all friends that I enjoy being around at work or in town Lahaina, we may not do much but they are great and I think they love me too. Ileta has been such a blessing to me - we have had many girl dates. I just met this gal the other day, Cindy! She goes to church in Kihei and we are going to meet up for coffee or a walk soon! I am hoping that we hit it off right away. I long for a friend that shares with me the same Love of the Lord. The same religion. I need that encouragement, and have someone that shares the same passions and can enjoy life doing the silliest of things. Chris has made some friends too with people he works near - he might go to a fight next month. I am hopeful. Yall should know, I have a BEST FRIEND!!! His name is Chris Evans. I get to sleep by his side and wake to his beautiful face. He is always there. He is my constant. I love him to death. Jobs...Chris is ROCKING his job. He is amazing. He has made goal 5 months in a row. He makes his goals in sales weekly as well. He is a great manager, encouraging and kind. A big wig was in town and he was super nervous... she was soo impressed with the numbers and met Chris. Later she said to his boss, "Clone him!" and basically that she was impressed. This is a big deal, for whatever reason that we need to transfer - This gal will do it for him in a heartbeat. He is on her good side! My job is ya know - it's fun, it's happy and has a lot of darling things, I get to make coffee and have customers that don't get coffee if I'm not there (makes me feel good :) ) I serve gelato and enjoy myself. I like it, I have some issues with the management - but I don't always have to work with them. If you see my previous blog you will see that I have big plans for making myself visible as a photographer. I am ready! Although those jobs are just fine and dandy right now my favorite job has been learning to be a better house-wife. I know this sounds super cheesy but I LOVE trying new recipes for Chris, I LOVE baking (it's the one thing I feel as if I NEVER screw up..) and I have been feeling more confident as I have been spending less time on the computer - cleaning and taking pride in our cottage by taking care of it. Transportation...We are now a one car family - as in we don't live walking/biking distance to work. I kinda like it, cause I get more of Chris. I kinda don't like it cause it's more gas and worse for the environment...but I think I'll live :) Cottage...We moved!!! We live at 3882 Mahinahina, Lahaina, Hi, 96761. It's darling, more spacious and cool. Chris and I have been doing a bit of walking lately. We walk to the beach just 10 minutes from our home, and we walk to our new favorite coffee spot "Bad Ass Coffee Co."(excuse the name.) Also across from another beach park 10 minutes from the house. I am a little frustrated. The people who moved in behind us are pot smokers (which is against the house rules), so the other day the smell was wafting in through the windows and made me queazy. I went to talk to them and let them know that I didn't want to call the landlord - but I can't handle the smell. Frustrated because I didn't want to be on a bad foot with them...having just moved in ourselves. So I am hoping this isn't a problem. We have a deck around the house that I am hoping to find some cute comfy chairs for and a small table. Ah, so fun! We will see. Church...We think we are going to try Kumalani chapel again...well see. Vacations...In July we are going to DISNEYLAND!!!!! YAY!!! Only 4 days - 2 travel..but I am stoaked!!! Just the two of us. Then in November we are trying to come home for a visit. I am going to try and stay longer and still not positive if Chris can come. We are coming home to see SARAH ESCHBACHS BABY!!!! AH Baby Calvin Jacob. And hopefully Cousin Kierstin's baby #2 will be born then. Also I want to see cousin Talia's baby #2. I can't wait to see Cousin Molly. I'm sure we will go to Zuanich together and have a cousin girlie night. Most of all, I am desperate for my Mother. (you too Dad and brothers) but mostly Mom. AHH! Just thinking about it I have chills and tears in my ducts. I am hoping mom and dad Evans can come to WA to meet us with Tyler. Family together again. Ahh bliss. So We don't have tickets for Nov. yet so it is not solid but fingers crossed. We are hoping maybe next year or the year after that we can go to Florida to Visit Petreeeee!! I miss that brother too. Movies...Have you seen it's complicated? It's soo cute. CAn you BELIEVE IT?!?!?! ....My sister Ava and I met Apollo Ono (the olympic speed skater from Seattle) across oceans within 3 weeks of each-other. He remembered me when She mentioned it. HOW RANdom!? I made him a shave ice and Ava met him at Fashion week. Projects...I have been collecting shells with holes. I want to learn to make jewelry with plated gold bracelets and earrings. I need a lesson, a gun thing to connect the wire, and a drill. I have canvas' that I want to paint on with oil, a sea series (for a future child's room.) I have been crocheting...I am making afgans, baby hats, washcloths, and I want to make a beach-bag, and a slouch beanie, and hair bands. I am scrapbooking. I am also reading - LOTS. Chris' projects have been things with the house, as well as plants! He LOVES our plants. He has been watering them and taking care of them. So cute. Family...THe in-laws are LOVING colorado. It's the perfect fit for them so it seems. My parents just a few days ago are officially moved out of the 356 S. Park ST. (Sniff, Sob) So many memories, may you new owners be filled with as many good memories as we had in that long house. They are staying with Grandma and Grandpa (THANK YOU!!!) and are waiting to be approved for the house they are trying to buy. Dad is working at Western, he is happy. Peter is in St. Augustine Florida. He is happy - so much more than Alabama. Caleb and Ava just moved to Seattle -(don't know whats up in their lives, they are soo busy.) Michael is a freaking rock-star. He has an album out - an R&B Artist? I think..Sorry if im wrong. He is working with plants. I think he is still cooking for Bobs. Tyler is working away and still toying with the culinary arts program (Michael just got in..will be starting in the fall) So there you have it. An update on our lives. For right now, this is our home. We don't have plans to stay or go. We are just living life day to day, and it's magnificent (except for tues and fri when the garbage man comes... haha.) OH MAN! Life gotta love it. Oh - and Tigger is great. ABusive and loving as always. I think he loves the new place, lots of air flow and windows. Peace and Much Aloha.
Friday, May 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hey love, my old roommate from college lives on Maui with her husband, his dad is a pastor at a church there and I know they have a super great community of fellowship. I should connect you two!!
ReplyDeleteA wonderful lovely fun update! Thank you Kat! Way to enjoy the adventure! Luvs!
ReplyDeletemmm yay Kat! :D beautiful post!
ReplyDeleteHey Olivia! THanks so much, I would love to meet your friend!
ReplyDeleteMarie! Love you!
(lizziemarie do I know you?) and Thank you!