Friday, May 14, 2010

Fabulous Friday!

I have been thinking about how I would like our house to look. What style? Do I want dark furniture? or White Furniture? We have collected, since marriage, all dark brown furniture, and light couches/chairs. Now in our bedroom is bamboo, and I'm thinking i might like white better?! hah. Ah, man I am so confused. I am trying to think of our dream home, that would be located in the country or near some body of water. I want the house to be full of light and very spacious looking ie - high ceilings and light colored walls - warm colors. I want designs of starfish and sand-dollars etc. I love red and yellow, so those would be my accent colors. What we did in our first home worked soo well. I LOVED it. 
AHH! My house! I LOVED the windows. I want those in my dream house. I loved our red lamp and my round chair from pier one. The lamp can go. The dried flowers are from our wedding. The afghan was made my my best friend Nanny. Now the COUCH!!! AHH This is probably Chris' and my Favorite thing ever. This is the only thing we splurged on, like our wedding gift to each other. It's a brand new yellow and white striped down slip-cover couch. BEAUTIFUL and comfy as ever. 
This is all in storage :( 
Our entertainment furniture was black which complimented our black frames and went with the dark brown wood. The best sound system ever, the whole house would shake, literally. The bookcase is Chris' from Costco. Very convenient because we have a LOT of books. Anyway, this works! 
Isn't this just darling? 
I think it was the kitchen that made this house mine. It's so antique/vintage looking. The cupboards are like made of metal, and the sink porcelain. The bamboo is being taken care of by my mom and the fruit bowl was a hand-made wedding gift and engraved just for us.
Um, Can you see why I loved this house?!?! I never would have left if it weren't for our Maui adventure. Not crazy about our dishes or the set up, but I LOVE the table and chairs, again vintage looking. The cupboards most importantly, were my FAVORITE! Ok, so my Nanny, my best friend and grandmother, got me started on a tea cup collection. This glass cupboard displayed my collection beautifully. Also, loved having a window by the dining room table. Again, all of this is in storage. I wish our house here could look like that, but well I guess I will have to wait for the next one. There is a lot of light wood in this place which makes it hard to mesh with our things, the way I would like them to. Also, everything that makes this home comfy and beautiful is that it is filled with our things that we grew up with individually and that we received as wedding gifts for us to enjoy as a couple. All of these things are an ocean away. Ah, so hard. I wish it could all just be in one place. We are working on this....I hope you had a fabulous friday! 

2 comments:

  1. You could move back and this house could be yours again! I loved all the things you loved about it, especially the kitchen. But I didn't like how dark it felt in the living room, and how divided all the rooms were. I'm excited to have a brighter, more open space soon!! But you should definitely move back :) Hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, I love that house. I would seriously buy it from them and have a remodel to make it larger. We moved for a brighter and open space! Love you :)

    ReplyDelete