Tuesday, May 4, 2010

3882.

ALL MOVED IN!!! Not really completely all set up, but moved in. Chris and I now reside at 3882 Mahainahina, Lahaina, Hi, 96761. This place may not be perfect, it may not have brand new appliances and flawless screens and such but it sure will save us money. It is also light, and there is lots of air flow, and we have a deck on two sides of the house. We have an ocean view in three spots, there is a plumeria tree growing up to the bottom of our deck giving us the freshest of scents.
One of my favorite parts of this house.. Chairs from a garage sale as well as the orchid. I am going to work on the spacing and hopefully get a mini table for the middle of the two chairs. I am wanting to get deck chair pads that look like this though...(The first one with the flowers at pottery barn)
I would like to eventually get comfier chairs for the deck but for now, this will do!
(Sorry not the best image, voggy day.) This is the view right outside our bedroom screen to the right. 
Apple Banana Tree to the left..this is one of our ocean views. So beautiful. Left lookout from our bedroom screen.
I believe I saw a number of apple banana trees on the left of our home, dividing us from the neighbors. We have our own parking spot with a cover. um...the ceilings are high and we have fans! We have a screen door in our bedroom that leads out on the deck overlooking the greens and the ocean, so romantic
Plumeria Tree...So pretty - Especially when blooming.
Lets see...It is smaller than the other place by a bit but is laid out nicer. We have to pay a dollar every time we want to use the washer and the dryer but for what we are paying/month including energy it's ok. I have so many plans to make this place as darling as ever. I still have dreams of being an interior decorator someday..just like my Mama. I just love it, it's a total passion of mine.
Ok, So thinking we are going to move the bookshelf by my side of the bed agains the wall (Not screen side..) The bamboo drawers are horribly sticky and hard to get open so chris is trying to see if he can fix it...if not we will sell it and find another one suitable for this home. We got the bookshelf for 35 dollars at a garage sale and the chest of drawers for 180, thinking we will take it with us wherever we move. Love them both. I still want to dink around with the top of the bookshelf and top of dresser...hmm..what to do.
Ya, um so the shelves are short, so i have to lay the books down. hah. I am still trying to figure how I want to best display this without it being cluttered and tacky. 
 I have sooo many more frames with images i want to display. 
Love this, and exactly where it is...just need to fix those dang drawers.
:)
See how cute?! We added curtains to match our other ones from wally world. Acorn. So pretty. We would like to get the tiniest of end tabels for Chris in that lil corner. We hung up our Thor Night Painting too. Right in the middle, on top of the bed! 
The closet, with mirrors. and a fun different perspective. Our poor sheets have bleach spots on them...my bad. That will have to be delt with for a while. 
My Little Curious George...NOTE: he is not allowed on any surface and on any ledge in the house! Except for a few spots! ahhh we soo made that mistake in the last place. GROSS. 
Tigger SOOO Loves the screens and the sunlight that shines through them during the day! 
There's my handsome...:)
There will be more to come!!! I don't like showing how things look unless they are tidy..:) I think I get this from my Mom. Meaning the living room, bathroom and kitchen/dining room are NOT tidy. Hopefully in a few days! Any insights or ideas for cuteness to match what were trying to make an island syle home, please do share!!! 

3 comments:

  1. It looks super cute, Kat! And Tigger is darling! I love the little bookcase, and I like how it looks when you have some books up and some laying down. I'm glad you guys are settling in and making it a home. Hope you have lots of fun decorating it just the way you like!
    XOXO, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kat! What I love most about your new place is you! Gosh, you are soooo cute. Your enthusiasm and sweet smile just drips from the text. I'm excited for you about your new home too. Do you have to sign a six month lease? Or do you pay month to month? (Just trying to figure out how long you'll be there!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANKS HEATHER! Tigger is darling! hah. I'm glad you like it!! Miss you!!
    Kristine! Hey - Ahh thank you! I am just excited! Um, no - a year lease actually. So May of next year - and then it's month to month.

    ReplyDelete