{not my images...just reminders :) }
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
It'll be like Christmas :)
...when we are able to open up allll those boxes that have been stored away for 2 years and 40 days. Boxes full of our most prized possessions, most items 9 months used as they were wedding gifts. Although those aren't the things I long for. Lately I have been longing for my Vintage Aprons. Aprons purchased at Antique Shops. DARLing Aprons. I have been missing my tea and saucer collection. We aren't talking new starbucks mug's every season...we are talking a tea cup and saucer...each one having a story - to me. A meaning...all given to me by people I adore, all FINE China. It's a collection. It's a love. I am old at heart. I miss my Vintage Cameras along with my Piano. Ah. Collections - they are there for a reason. They are things you love. Things that make you feel yourself for some odd reason I'm unaware of, because they are just things. Things that are going to perish in the end when we are with Jesus. Most people think they collect dust and just sit, taking up space. Not my collections. I have now come to appreciate them being apart for such a time. They are nice things. To me, they are Nanny, or people I like to think of. I used my tea cups when friends came over. I used my aprons. I arranged the old cameras in a nice way for others to enjoy their beauty. I played my Upright Piano. I miss these "things". I can't wait to meet them again. It will be JUST like Christmas. Tears will flow. Tears of remembrance, and joyful re-uniting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




I remember being so excited to unpack all of our wedding gifts in storage after just a month...it is going to be SOOO much better for you!! Excited for you!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait!
ReplyDelete