Thursday, February 3, 2011

Good Morning!

(My cousin Molly in Honduras)
This photo depicts how I feel lately..
pensive...

Life: A cat at each window, both fed and happy. Husband is in a deep glorious sleep.....and here am I. Enjoying the little moments I'll have until I need to do things that are far more important than blogging. Ha, but I'm not going there yet! Life has been sooo on the highway lately, going soo fast, barely stopping for traffic. I have so many things I want to get done wether it be for me or things that need to get done and just can't get caught up. I worked quite a bit this week. Today is 8 days in a row. I had 4 extra hours of work this week for training in coffee from a professional from Portland. Grateful for work,  but I'm tired and feel oh so behind. All I can think about doing is crafts :) hah. Peaceful things! I am going to be the best Granny EVER! hah. I hope I can match up to my Nanny someday. Always doing things, making things - food or gifts, gardening and canning the produce, needlework of every kind, always trying new recipes and going to the park to crab of course :) Those are the things I aspire to do. Right now, I am working at what I would like to call a Coffee Shop but It's far more labor than such. It's a market, in a hotel. So we get the complaints that don't relate to us..and we stock and stock and lift. There is an occasional coffee which I JUMP to make every time, although not much in the 80 plus degree weather. I love that it's local and organic based. I love the coffee - it's grown across the street, and roasted at OUR farm upcountry and is still really great coming from a washington coffee snob. Although the fact that it's a coffee shop, in maui, and it's 80 percent market and 10 percent food I am tired. hah. So thinking about the move coming up (that we are aware of where, just not the timeline yet :) ) I am trying to figure out the best job for me. I LOVE furniture and sales. You can look darling doing so too :) I still LOVE coffee - but not in a market (learned this one!) I have been asking my friends...coffee at starbucks where there is structure and rules (I crave this after being in Maui) or sales like Pier 1. I have been in the coffee business since I was 16, and NO that was not yesterday as some funny old people like to say. I am 24 now. When we move, I want to be able to get a job that I can stick with for at LEAST 5 years. I am the best at having a job per year or less than that....so I really want something I can stick with and excel in and feel confident in as well. hard. So this is going through my brain that felt sooo scary wierd yesterday as I was about to pass out at work...eeek. (random..but it was for sure my head..not lack of food or anything.) hah. soo random. Also I have been thinking about becoming a Young life Leader. I have been a leader at Wild horse Canyon and helped in Lynden's Young Life ages ago and just MISS the involvement of something I'm passionate about. LOVING others to Christ. and having FUN. So between a job, Young Life and Photography I should be a busy lady doing all the things I want to do. I talked to my cousin Molly the other day (in the photo) ahh It was the best thing all week. I adore her and miss her terribly. I am soo excited about what the Lord is doing in her life. She is going back to Honduras to work at the orphanage. SO proud of her. I want to go join her someday. It was great just to talk about the crazies and besties of life. good and the bad. happy and the confused. We always have these great, REAL talks. Refreshing.

Photography: I had a shoot the other day... :) It went GREAT! Although there are SOO many images I have to sort through my head is spinning. (Thats a good problem :) ) I am REALLY excited about these cards I am making for the job I have right now. The cards are blank, 100 percent recycled papers and labels with my photography on top, covered in plastic and hung by a hemp string! I can't WAIT to sell them and see MY photography being purchased by people. It's a great feeling. or it will be next week! I am hoping for more shoots this month since I have a feeling things are only going to get busier soon for moving and all...


Food: We haven't been eating much lately....coming home and being so tired and not hungry. So last night was the first real dinner in a while. Maui Cattle Steak, Corn and Baguette Slices. YUM :) Nothing gourmet but I was CRAVING the meat. A while ago I made penne for the FIRST time :) It was AMAZZZING. So speaking about food....I am beginning to loose weight! I mainly have been adjusting my eating habits. I eat breakfast now and it's all amazingly well for me. Lunch is a tiny half sandwich - wheat with meat and cheese and veggies and salad. Dinner is a lean meat and salad or veggie. and No dessert. Coffees are no longer lattes but black coffees and teas. I am on day 8 of work and i am not SOO tired or sleepy or cranky (not like i normally would be) - i think it's because I'm eating so healthy. I am excited! Now I just have to work out! hah. This is all too exciting!
Our Penne Tomato Meal :) 

Crafts: I have a pattern for a slouch beanie I want to make for myself :) I want to make a forever scarf but I don't have a sewing machine. :(  sooon! I also have a picture I want to paint! A wreath I want to sew as well! ahhh although I don't think these things will happen for a while, I think of them when I am crazy busy :)
(my version of this :) ) 

Husband: Is amazing. He is soo great at what he does. I am excited for what his company holds for him. We went out with another couple the other day for a beer after work, it was GREAT! I can't wait to do it again. Chris and I had a good time. He and I have Superbowl sunday off! I can't wait to spend it with him and at our Maui Families Home! He has today off as I work - so thats some great alone time for him. AHH I think he looks SOOOOO sexy in these glasses!!! What do you think?!
im, so sexy for my glasses :) 


2 comments:

  1. LOVE love love reading your blog! Wish we were closer. Lets try a phone date or skype this Saturday!!!! MISS YOU

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I wish so too! MISS YOU TOO! k, When can we skype next, cause i missed that date!

    ReplyDelete