Signing forms for the new house at Bad Ass Coffee.
Ok, so the day before Chris called me up and said "I don't normally do this but there is a place in Mahinahina; one bed, one bath for $1195. Do you want to look at it or...?!?" "Sure" I said. "It will be fun." Neither of us were expecting anything to come of this. So we got ready to head out and meet Diane to see the home! It's a beautiful, spacious, airy, well lit home with a deck surrounding it. The cost is $1195 including electric. WOW. So great! It seemed kinda perfect so we decided to consider it. We went to Bad Ass Coffee (tacky name I know) to discuss pros and cons. Punched some numbers around and covered every aspect of this ordeal. We figured it would save us up to if not more than 500 a month. So we decided to give a call and see if the place was still available. Yay, we got it. So the next hour was spent meeting, signing forms, talking to the current landlord, finding documents, meeting, signing more forms and paying the down and deposit for Tigger. So done and done!!!Dukes.
We went to Dukes for a late lunch.. It was raining off and on all day mostly on but during lunch it was nice.We headed to Kaanapali after to check in for our boat-sunset-whale watching-cruise. YAY! Aboard the Teralani. Oh it was beautiful. And it literally stopped raining once we got on the boat. There were drinks and pupus(appetizers) and fun music. We just loved relaxing and enjoying Maui from the water and ah just being together. A few moms and calves joined us this evening. The mother was teaching the calve to wave-flap his fin, to dive, to roll over and to breach, so the calve was imitating all of this as the mama would do so. Soo sweet to watch. We had the mama so close to our rig at one point I was like the paparazzi. I will always be fascinated by the whales when I see them. They are Magnificent creatures. After that blissful trip we crashed a hot tub and called it a night. What a day. So memorable.
Hey Kat! I'm staying up wayyy too late catching up on reading some blogs. Couldn't resist saying "hi, i love reading your blog"!! Makes me feel like we had a little visit. Wish I could leave a comment on every post ... but I really must get in bed! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a LOVELY day! How fun that you got a new place!! When do you move in?
ReplyDeleteWhat great pictures!
ReplyDeleteAbbie! Hey - moved in on the 1st!
ReplyDeleteThanks Olivia!