Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easters Joyful Sadness.

Happy Easter!!!



Tigger Felt Left Out...:) 
My Favorite!
Chris' Favorite! 

So on January 12, 2009, the day we moved to Maui - I never envisioned us staying here much longer than six months...little did I know that God had an entirely different plan. Here we are a year and tree months later still residing in Hawaii. Being gone that long meant missing one year and three months of birthdays, of showers, of weddings and holidays with and about everyone I know and Love. I spent 22 years surrounded by everyone I hold dear. Always safe, always inside my box. I never went to college, or away to travel except for one month to Wildhorse Canyon in Antelope Oregon, where I was a Summer Staff Leader.  This technically means that I am into my Sophomore year in College away on the Island of Maui. This means I am sad when Holidays come around, when I have nothing but good memories of family traditions, and knowing how much love, fun and kindness is exchanged. This means I am sad when my siblings or parents have birthdays because the things I would traditionally do for them to make them feel special, I can't. Such as fill the fridge with photos of them, make them a disney poster-board with "Happy Birthday" and hang it in the Dining room, make Dad his rice pudding etc. Here in Maui, life is a little different. Holidays are just like any other day - so getting off work is difficult, especially for Chris being manager of a corporate business. So normally I am at home for a good chunk of every holiday to think about how much fun I COULD be having if I were home.

So Chris and I made the decision to move to Maui together. We have no regrets. We have learned soo much about each-other, about ourselves and about how good our God is. We are having an absolute blast, loving every second - every moment. We are happy. We are content. We are madly in love and just anxious to see what God has for us next, because honestly we don't know what that is supposed to be. We have an idea, but God now has to show us thats the path to take. So when I have statuses on Facebook how i miss so and so, or I wish I were at such and such, I'm not being a pathetic pessimistic girl that is totally bummed with her choice, I am a Sophomore in Collage and just trying to accept change, I am trying to let go and move on, I am trying to learn how to hold onto both worlds and figure things out. I didn't leave Bellingham cause I hated it, I left for an adventure. This has been nothing but a ride for me - I am a very emotional, sentimental, sensitive, lover of home therefore this is harder on me than maybe it would be for others. I am dealing and I am becoming stronger because of it, the Lord is my comfort.

So Sunday, Easter Sunday - is normally filled with several stops and activities for me. This year, It was me and my precious hubby. We woke up at 9, and I slipped into my Easter Sunday Dress. We headed to Lahaina Baptist - what a beautiful service, how anyone can doubt He is Savior I just pray they will open their eyes. So encouraged at church I headed to work with the most bubbly of attitudes. I wished all my customers a Happy Easter. When I got off I cleaned the house and prepared a nice meal for Chris and I to have when he got home from work, boiled the eggs and made cupcakes. I had time to bike to his work to visit for a tad and then headed back home to get the meat going. We had a wonderful meal and decorated eggs together. The one tradition that I must hold onto! I called all my siblings to wish them a Happy Easter, and talked to Mom and Aunt Vicki. This holiday I missed family, I was just a little less bummed. Every holiday it seems to get a little easier. So this Easter, April 4, 2010, My husband and I had a wonderful Easter together. I figure i can live without the egg hunts until we have a little one of our own, and then, it will be Priceless and soo worth the wait!!

Just a little piece from my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment