Sunday, April 25, 2010

Some of my favorite things....

So when I get the chance and feel quiet and clam, I like to journal. I like to write about the happenings in life, the feelings in my heart, random thoughts and ideas and prayers. My cousin Molly Anderson, probably my second most favorite female in the world, gave me the sweetest gift this last Christmas. She made me a journal. It has a picture of her and I, pictures of Hawaii, and one of my favorite images she took in Australia or New Zealand? (A trip we planned to go together since childhood and I backed out), an image of what looks like the Oregon or Washington Coast, a peacock, shells, and quotes; "And life is for Living" "Happiness" "Don't Fret""Time with God" "Journey" "Grace". Encouraging quotes soo relevant to my life, and images that are dear to my heart. I LOVE it. It is probably one of my most favorite things.

Another one of my favorite things is my Merry Kissmas mug Chris got me this Christmas. Our very first Christmas without anyone, on our own - such a big deal. I am a mug fanatic. They are just so fun, happy, comfy and homey, and anything thats ever in it is something thats supposed to make everything better. Red. Red is my most favorite color in the whole entire universe. He knows that. He is a great husband for it. When I got it, I got a kiss! What could be better?

Earl Grey is my favorite tea. It reminds me of the 356 south park home, when Mom and I were about to go downstairs and watch a movie, and I would set it on the coffee table and would lay on her lap and she would massage my aching back. Funny, but that situation normally was present with Earl Grey. It reminds me of the late nights at Wildhorse Canyon (I was Summer Staff at a Young Life Camp). We would have so many sweets that cocoa didn't quite cut it for me. So Many of us would get a hot beverage after dark and it was followed by wonderful fellowship, time of praise and worship and Fireworks!!! Plus it's really yummy! haha, oh the silliness of life. I just live for those moments though. Precious.

4 comments:

  1. So glad you love the journal!!!! I loved making it for you and so glad it is just what the encouragement you need! love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, LOVED it. Words cannot express. Love you too cousin.

    ReplyDelete