Friday, June 17, 2011

Fashion Newbie :)

Ok, Hi, I am a girl who grew up in Bellingham or (Washington) with three brothers and a mother who is so naturally beautiful inside and out. My mom wasn't ever really into fashion, she doesn't need to be...she is sooo beautiful. Going from Washington (with no fashion sense whatsoever) to Maui was an easy transition..It was all dresses and swim suits and sandals. Now from Maui to California to a job at Fashion Valley I am felling a little intimidated. Over the past year I have been getting more of an interest in fashion. I've started to notice girls outfits, learning different styles and accessories and what I like, loving clothing and accessories who's proceeds go to a cause (Toms, 31Bits...) and finding the importance in that. Some blogs I follow like http://alwaysamrsforeverakidd.blogspot.com and http://annalynnreilly.blogspot.com/ do a 30 for 30 that has inspired my shopping day I'm having tomorrow. It's 30 items that you have at home already (but I don't have barely anything..I'm going to do the best I can with this to save money) that you use for 30 days. I can't wait to try this out. I'm going to do it more for my work...so being part time it will actually last a tad more than 30 days, but I think I'm going to photograph my learning and attempt at fashion and anyone please make comments and suggestions that will help me! Most of my cloths now are unfortunately either too small (im finally working out though!) or faded or pitted out. yuck, not pretty! Although I know I have several pieces I could make work for some darling outfits! Hmm I'm excited for this challenge. It's not going to be a daily thing...just as I get to posting :)
{Maui 2009, Top: Forever 21, Skirt: Good Will}

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to watch your progress! And, btw, I think you're always darling. But I might be a tiny bit biased. You are just like what you said about your mom. A smile like yours and you could be wearing total frump and still be darling.

    ReplyDelete