Saturday, June 4, 2011

Learning to Forgive...

Married couple. One person cheats, the other person gets hurt. Never saw it coming. Not only do those actions effect the married partner, but all the friends and family members too. I have been angry, frustrated and hurt. I have been hurting even more for the partner with the broken heart. I am harboring a grudge. I can't understand. You see the partner who was cheated on....has already forgiven for reasons i don't understand. I didn't even think that person was religious anymore. Forgiveness to the most undeserved person...i can't understand it at all. I have never been more proud of this person for such grace. I am trying to learn to be just like it. I am trying to forgive, I don't want to be "subject to them" through my own un-forgiveness. So this morning, I woke up and decided to have a bible time. It's the first time I've done this in a looong time. I noticed I had a book from Beth Moore called "Get out of that Pit" (it's been in storage) unsure of what exactly it was about I went for it anyway. Little did I know it was going to be everything I needed. Here are some pieces I took to heart.
{for me specifically}

 {my heart for my hurting friend}
{"We are broken, fatally flawed and immeasurably precious, made in God's image."}

 {"Honey, You're a much neater person HEALED than you would have been well."}

{"Psalm 40:1-3"}

2 comments:

  1. Love this post!
    Forgiveness. So freeing. So hard. So worth waiting for. So thankful that He does it in us. Thanks for writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kristine. Ah, i have yet to really let go...Yes, SOO grateful the Lord forgives us. I don't know how I could survive if he didn't.

    ReplyDelete