Saturday, August 7, 2010

Our time in Disneyland.


(My favorite 5) 
"The Standard Disney Shot"
Us with Walt and The Castle.
PLUTO!
Tigger!!!
Awww Chris bought me a rose :)

Chris and I checked in at the front gate and begun to walk to the main entrance. As we turned the corner I suddenly felt 4ft tall and got a surge of the best of energies. I was as giddy as a schoolgirl, no joke.  I was taken back by all the joyous faces, the welcoming customer service and the magic. It was as if no time had passed from 11 yrs ago. It still had as much happiness as then. I was in Disneyland, and all my dreams were coming true. I was with the man I love in a place that has always carried the best memories for me. 11 yrs ago I went with my family. 2 yrs before that we went for the first time. Both times all 4 of us kids were constantly happy. Never fighting or arguing. They were vacations to remember. Now being married and not with child yet, it was fun to observe all the new parents there with their children. There was joy for that current moment; Just me and my husband. There was joy for the next step in our lives, invisioning us in Disneyland with OUR kids someday.
All around it was amazing. We hit up every ride and met a few characters. We had our cotton candy and pretzels. We enjoyed our morning coffee and pastry after hot-tubing in our Motel 6. We watched the parade and enjoyed Fantasmic and the World of Color. We walked soo much and were sore but that didn’t phase us a bit. Chris took me to the restaurant in the ride of Pirates of the Caribbean. AMAZING. Kinda stinky and the New Orleans food was spicy but such a great experience. At one point Chris slipped away from me and got me a rose that lights up. My Prince Charming. Sooo sweet and unexpected. We rode Tower of Terror and Pirates, Splash Mountain and Space Mountain ample amount to times. They were our favorites!! Chris shared with me his tradition of the Tiki Room. You have to get a pineapple drink first and then watch the show, so we did just that. It was neat to learn about our individual times together with family and then make our own plans. We did a river raft ride early one morning and got drenched on the coolest day. I was wet all day but it was worth it. Ahh it was such a blessing to take the time to do this. Being in California not only confirmed our desire to move, it also caused us to want to move 6 months earlier. We can’t wait to move off this Island. Hoping all yall get to go to Disneyland with your honies one day if you haven’t already, with your honies or your whole family!!  

1 comment:

  1. Sounds wonderful. Do you have any tips for us? We're thinking about next year with the kids. Did you like Motel 6? Could you walk to Disney land? Do they have locker there? What were you favorite rides? How many days did you stay?

    ReplyDelete