Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Last Weeks Weekend Bliss...


(On our Lanai)
What a wonderful two days off…although I may have done almost nothing but clean on Wednesday, It was all completely fabulous. It was lazy, productive and just healing. I got to drink cheap red wine while writing in my journal…get this…AS the sun was setting!! I thought it was pretty great. 

On Wednesday I begun the morning on the deck with my book and my kitty man. I got all the house cleaning done, the things that have been hanging over my head all week, things that have been stressing me out and making me feel like an incapable wife. Finally having time to actually bring out the swiffer and 409 it ended up being oddly therapeutic. I had time to even marinate steak for dinner and bake brownies for dessert, although when Chris came home he was not hungry, so he took me out for a date to get coffee! I dressed up and everything, I feel like it’s been ages since we left the house when it was dark to actually go somewhere other than work or errands. I was wearing my skinny jeans with a short summer dress over, and my Gold key diamond necklace Chris got me for our Anniversary. I felt pretty; I haven’t felt pretty in a while. It was nice. Now I feel prepared to begin a full work week! House clean, husband happy and I’m debriefed and refreshed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment