Thursday, August 5, 2010

Where I work :)

This is where I work. I walk there from home. A good .30min walk! This was early in the morning so it's still kinda dark.. but this is the HonuaKai Resort and Spa. Inside there is Aina Gourmet Market. Thier goal and mission statement is to carry everything that is within 100 miles of the location, supporting local everything. The place is made with several recycled materials and uses biodegradable just about everything that they can. Ania has their own farm where they get the produce for our fresh salads and for the daily menu as well as roast 100% Maui Coffee making it their own blend. They try and make as many food products that we sell there, there..like granola, daily fresh baked muffins, hummus, salsa etc. It's REALLY cool and I feel like I am supporting a great business that is helping to save the planet and trying to keep everyone healthy and our locals in business. I also get to wear my Flat Toms :) LOVEIT!
 My little camera didn't do this place justice. 1+ yr old, SOO pretty.
I crash the hotel next door after work...before I walk home.
Me today after work talking to my Eldest Brother Peter for 49 minutes!!
Miss that guy...it's been soo long.

3 comments:

  1. You are basically on vacation when you go to work! That's a brilliant place for a job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE these pictures!! hawaii is so gorgeous! and i adore the "local" pledge your work has taken! we need more people to take on endeavours like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hah yeah it's kinda weird....

    Thanks Alfie! It is soo pretty. I LOVE the local stand! I love supporting it.

    ReplyDelete