Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Have I told you?


That I have a Prince Charming? So today I had two doctor appointments. One was an ultra sound to check out why i get so many bladder infections...probably too much info, but it's been a problem. The lady said things looked beautiful so hmm we will see next week. The other doctor appointment was to get two ingrown toe nail surgeries on both my big toes. I had a surgury like this in Middle School. The moment I got out of the building the numbing had worn off and I was in excruciating pain. I was SCREAMING at my mom to pull over and get me medicine..(poor thing, I wasn't nice.) I swear it was worse than any labor pain. ha. naw i'm a weenie. Ok, so this experience is what caused me to wait about a year to get it taken care of. I have been putting it off praying that it would magically heal. Nope. So My husband loves my feet, so I had to do something about it. I made the appointment over a month ago and it was rescheduled. Then I went in to get it done about a week or so after, and the Doctor was a bleep. Yeah, not good. Another reschedule with another doc. The morning of my appointment with the actual pediatrist Chris was checking his voicemail. He told me someone broke into his store and he had to go in and relieve the RM who was there since about 4am. Oh man. (Secretly I was jumping for joy.) So I called and explained the situation and they were totally cool about it. We rescheduled again. OK. So this morning I knew there was nothing that was going to get me out of it. Stomach in knots. We got there and were treated very well by the nurse. The Doc came in and was SUPER cool. I told him my experience and asked if he could give me intense pain meds and be crazy gentle. He told me this has never been an issue with his clients. That the numbing lasts for 5-8 hours and there is if anything slight bruising from where the needles go to numb the toe. hmm. ok all I had was my nightmares about my past. I've also mentally prepared myself for this like 4 times over. So everything he was saying was just kinda going in one ear and out the other. He begun and Chris came up to me. He let me squeeze his hand the whole time. He told me I was doing great and I was being strong. He told me when it was almost over. Ahh hes the best, good practice for babies I guess :) The Doc was super amazing. He was quick, gentle, efficient and made me laugh. It's been hours and I haven't felt an ounce of pain. Praise the Lord for this Doctor. Praise the Lord for my Prince who has made my day. It's his day off too and he has been trucking me around like a charm. I have felt exceptionally blessed by him today. Just wanted to let yall know :)

2 comments:

  1. I have to have the same surgery that I have been avoiding for 20 years!!! I have been getting ingrown toe nails since I was born and I have to have the surgery on my big toes too. Hearing your story however gives me hope that there may be a doctor that is that gentle...thanks for the courage! I'll have to prep the hubby before surgery :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh yuck...well according to this doc everyone should be doing it like him...so i think i just got the one jerk..hah. they are NOT fun and I am SOO relieved of pain now. Good luck, but you will be fine!! Just take your hubbs! :)

    ReplyDelete