Saturday, April 30, 2011

just him and her, in a city, looking for a place to make a home.

Ok...so we officially moved from Maui, to San Diego this last Wednesday. (Moving as in left Maui - and are looking for a place to move to while staying in a motel 6 in SD.) It's been crazy ever since. We are tired, totally exhausted. Cranky, irritated, loosing hope for actually getting all of what we wanted...We asked for an adventure and boy are we getting it. I think it's God way of playing with us since we wanted "more"...and weren't happy with what we had....(which I am totally Maui home-sick btw.) It is so completely different trying to find a place with not one connection. Having cats also has made us resent them a tad finding great places until we find pets aren't allowed. We are going solely based on others opinions of where to live, where to stay away from, where to go if you're a druggie, if you're a homosexual, if you're a snooty lynden person who wants to know everything about everyone...haha. It's a BIG city. We are not in the one main two way highway kinda place anymore.....it's go go go you better speed up to 90 to pass that guy to get your exit or you will either miss it or get in an accident. Thursday, Friday and Saturday we were in the car for a minimum of 8 hrs each day. I think I lost ten years of my life in those three days from anxiety and stress. Not having amazing luck at finding the perfect place, and the hustle and bustle of the city kinda made me break down today and wonder if we really made the right decision. I just wanted to run to the ocean, but I couldn't because it was a highway/freeway away. I'm missing my friends, I'm missing my family. I'll take any to help and comfort me....but wait! We keep moving away from all of them!!!  This is not a sugar coated post. I am scared. I am not sure If I am happy. I am trying to see the positive but it is hard. I was soo excited for this and now it seems totally terrifying. I love my husband. I know this will be good. I know God is good, but I am ready to see some of that good come in effect. Right now, I just can't wait till the 11th when I can see my mom and dad. Ahhh, I feel like such a little girl. I am loosing my strength. Could have to do with the fact that we haven't had more than 7 hours of sleep in ages and the change, and our kitties not being with us etc....so here are some things that have been happening......

we had to buy a carry on at the air port one suitcase was soo big...

you don't get one piece of luggage free each like we were told..it all costs.

pet's tickets were 75 more than we thought....

going through security in maui the female guard told me to pinch tiggers balls to keep him from freaking as i walk him through the metal detector. WHAT????? I said not thanks.

on the flight tigger puked....

the first day chris and i had lunch in oceanside - 40 min from our hotel...came back he realized he lost his wallet....called - they didn't have it....drove there in rush hour...searched through dumpster..then found it in inside garbage on the top. WHEW!!!

every place we've been interested in we get to it a hair too late, right after someone's about to sign....

went to my brothers bff and his wife's house for dinner last night....got there and realized i had bleed through my undies and pants so i was standing the entire time with my legs un-naturally squeezed together. They had like 5 other guests over in a small room. Yep. I was mortified. light jeans. I must have been so stressed it brought on a period that wasn't supposed to happen.

we had a good opportunity and i think i blew it by saying we were going to talk about it rather than putting in an app.  It didn't feel home like at the time, nor did it seem like living..but more like hotel. I think it was our best option though so far. It seemed pricey but all that was included and with a trolly that would take chris to work in two stops...bad communication going on between chris and i this day....didn't realize till later that it was great. so we are going back tomorrow to see if it's still available. it has everything but two bedrooms. I was so burnt today - i had a minor meltdown....we went to the hotel and napped for an hour and went back at it till 7:30. Whew. I'm over it.

So the first day we were checking out everywhere......where WE decided we liked. Not what others said - just our opinion by appearances. Places we like a lot - West Point Loma, La Playa, Coronado (we like it - just heard it's a "Mayberry town" prissy like Lynden - but it looks like bellingham. and we love the look!) Sections of ocean beach...and sections of Mission Valley. soooo we basically ruled out Coronado - impossible to find a place to rent - affordable...not really. La Playa - and West Point Loma - basically - all cute houses and apts that are all being lived in. Nothing available. Ocean beach we are waiting on two places to call us back and tomorrow we are going to tackle Mission Valley - all the apartments there and just try and look at all of them and see whats the best all around for raising a family. We are going to have to start low and get what we don't really want and then save enough to buy in a cute neighborhood.  Bummer it's not happening now, but I'm grateful. (We want a two bed, dishwasher, washer - dryer in home, house with a bit of a yard for gardening in a safe neighborhood thats quiet.) Someday!

Bellingham you really need to open up a sunglass hut STORE so we can move there....until then....hubby will be where he makes sales and commission is decent. Blessed he has a job but man would it be affordable to live in a place like im describing there!!! (namely the breakey house - our first home, im convinced I'm going to buy it from them one day!!!) Maui Welcomed us to the Island...I'm hoping San Diego welcomes us as well.

POSITIVE THINGS!!!! That make us giddy school children. That makes our jaws drop with excitement!!!

Gas prices SOOOO cheap!!! 4.13!!!

Food, clothing, everything you think to buy!!! SOOO CHEAP!!!

(Housing pretty much the same - a tad more expensive.)

The Purring Parrot - where the cats are.....such a great place to leave your pets if you need them watched. A hotel for kitties.

An IMAX theatre - we saw "the fast five" AWEsome.

Starbucks Drive Through!!!!

TARGET!!!!

Zuanich Harbor like areas alongside the coast. Lovely.

SEVERal parks and outdoor places to exercise. (EVERYone is out walking, running, with dogs, surfing and playing ball etc. So great to see that it's a safe place for that.)

The Zoo, Lego-Land (when we have kids), Sea World, sea-side shops and farmers markets.

Driving on a freeway (for Chris :) )

Driving in a STRAIGHT line :) I don't get carsick here..

SOO many spots on the coastline to stop and go on the beach and have a picnic, lay out, surf, walk dogs, frisbee, paddle....everyone is out - looks again sooo safe.

NICE PEOPLE!!! ( a bit of racism in Maui....Haven't felt it here yet...)

soooo...yes I can see the positive in things...every place we go in i see where my rocking chair will be for baby and where chris' daddy chair will go facing his direct tv. It's fun to see what life will be like when we are actually living it. Right now I just can't wait to get to that point. OK I've said ALOT! hah. So we could use many prayers. That TOMORROW we find a place :) or the next day. We do have 10 days....but it would be nice to have something set so we can be done driving and catch up on sleep before we have a 24hr plus road trip from WA to CA to move. I hope you all are having great days. Thanks for listening to me cry. hah. I'll let you know what happens.

Ileta taking us to the airport.
6 suitcases, two cats, 3 carry-ons.
our motel 6.
 venting to mom...
 not hawaii, but close...
no. such. luck.

2 comments:

  1. Kat, you are living the life! I remember when we moved to WA. In two weeks we sold a house, bought a house and moved with a dog, a 2 year old a 6 month old and one car. We only had 4 days to find a house and spent so much time in the car with a 6 month old. Chaotic! There were houses that appeared to be perfect until we showed up. I gave up and told John to pick a house. I was at my wit's end. He did and I didn't like it at first and now it's perfect. sometimes some doors are closed and other we don't see as great open. This experience of finding a house will prepare you for something. Will pray for you.

    ReplyDelete