day 27.
{sorry it's a phone snapshot..}
What is your favorite bookstore in Maui?
Old Lahaina Book Emporium, HANDSDOWN! Ahh, I love this place. It starts out fun with a vibrant Lime Green and Costal Blue front even before you enter! When we first moved here I instantly feel in love. The workers are crabby old women who have a discombobulated sense of organization, which makes the dainty shop so unique. Classical music is constantly playing and it's generally cool after being out in the sun. There is everything from hardback to paperback, brand spankin new to ancient classic old books (my favorite!). The smell is that of used books, not quite mildew (hah) but you know, such a wonderful aroma of aged ink on paper. There are shelves of antiques for sale spread throughout the store, completely random just like the shop. The Isles are narrow, you literally can't even bend forward if you wanted to. The shelves are jam-packed which makes it difficult to take them out to look at and put back, but that means there are SEVeral options for reading. I adore this little old place and will miss it dearly. I hope, if you are ever in Lahaina Town, that you will stop at the Old Lahaina Book Emporium, never know what treasure you will find :)

No comments:
Post a Comment