Thursday, November 26, 2009

Girlfriends!


It was dark so I kinda aged the photo!

She is so cute!

First, SOO Love Mrs. Langley. She is the sweetest, most feisty, generous lady. When I began to attend Silver Beach as Chris' Girlfriend, Joyce made a point to come up to me, after the service, and introduce herself. After that, we would see one-another at Church events and or Lynden Bender Fields for baseball and playing at their lake house. After Chris and I were married about 5 months we began our dream of moving to Maui. We were informed that Dave and Joyce have had a condo there since the 70's. So we made a date to specifically chat about our ideas and pick their brains. They informed us of a couple who rents out like  three places and gave us their number. I called and voiced our interest - and there ya go..in October we get a call saying we have a place to stay for a month if we want. We ended up staying at that restored garage for 6ish months! (massive side track but I thought I would give a little history!)
So the other day, Joyce called me up to go to the other side with her cause she needed to get some pumpkin pies! Oh I was so grateful for this offer. We had the sweetest chats in the car, we had fun at costco and then she said she was taking me out for lunch! We went to Buzz's Warf in Maalaea Harbor. We had a window seat, it was beautiful and had great food. It was so easy to talk to her. There was no judgement, no point the finger teachings, just pure fun and girl time. Ahh I loved my time with her. I have always loved the "Grandma" type, so wise and tenderhearted. Anyway. I just thought I would share this because it was such a huge blessing to me. I have had great need for girl time that is not just over emails or over the phone. Thank you Lord.

2 comments:

  1. That's such a sweet story, Kat! I love Joyce too. She has got to be the easiest person talk to! And it's crazy how she knows everybody that's ever lived in Whatcom County! And generous is the perfect word for her. She is so generous! I hope to be a lot like her someday. Thanks for sharing. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun cause we both lived in Lynden and So we know a lot of the same places and people! :) I think it's the most gossip time I have ever had this whole year! hah.

    ReplyDelete