Hudson and I after walking around!
Playing with the reflective ornament.
Hudson and Mama.
Hudson and Dad.
The Happy Family.
So I have this cousin, and she has this baby. His name is Hudson. He was born in March of this year! I had the hardest time being away from Kierstin during the pregnancy, birth and Lil Hudson's grow up time. I had three dreams of me bawling because i had just met Hudson for the first time. I had constant updates when Kier went into the emergency room about every hour or so until the babes decided to Grace them with his presence. Ohhh I just wanted to be there to kiss his lil cheeks when I saw photos of him on facebook. Hudson was one of the two main reasons I can home to Washington for a visit in August. I wanted to meet him desperately. I wanted to hold him and make him smile. When I rang the doorbell at Kierstins place, oh I had so many feelings stirring up in my heart. She answered the door and had the man in her arms. He was flawless. Guess what? For some reason I didn't cry. I also didn't get to hold him. I asked a number of times and she said that if he were to fall apart it would take forever to get him calmed down. So that week flew by and I headed home without my Hudson lovin. I was kinda upset about it actually. The time flew by and next thing you know, Chris and I were on the plane headed home for an early Christmas visit. Attempt number two. I had planned a photo shoot with Kierstin, Dave and Hudson so I headed on over. Again I rang the doorbell. Dave answered and we exchanged greetings. A few seconds later Kierstin comes down the stairs, looking beautiful as ever and practically gives Hudson to me. Ahhhh I didn't even care that he was about to explode into tears, I had him for a split second and that was all I wanted. Hudson didn't take to me very well during the shoot but he did okay. We were able to get an 1hr and 1/2 in. Towards the end Dave had to go to work so we gave our hugs and said our goodbyes. Later that night Kierstin brought Hudson over to the house to hang out! I kinda tricked Hudson to semi-walk to me and he did! Then I kinda quickly turned him around and had him sit so he could see mama and yet be next to me. Then I grabbed a reflective ornament. Oh he loved it. I was talking to him and he was just so content in my arms chilling. I also was able to walk him around the house (holding his hands, but still). Oh I just have to say that was one of the highlights of my trip home. God knew, and he saved that blessing of time just for me. So that satisfied my Hudson need for the time being. Oh I just have so much Love in my heart for that little man because I have sooo much love for his Mama. Sometimes falling deep and quickly in love with people, friends and family can be a curse, but just often enough there are blessings, things to treasure up in our hearts.
He's a doll! The pictures turned out great. So glad to read another little snapshot of your time home. And glad you were able to spend time with your Hudson.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh I just love him. Sorry we weren't able to see you guys! Hopefully in nine months we will be home! And then we can go out for coffee! YAY!
ReplyDelete