Saturday, December 26, 2009

Letter to Santa.




So I wrote this letter to Santa (Dad) Christmas Eve and he responded in Bold and sent it back to me the next morning...
Dear Santa. 
I am not ready to stop writing letters to you just because I am married (GOOD FOR YOU!). So here it is.
Hmm What to say. WOW!! What a year. This year has been something in my life that I would never had imagined for myself. Living in Maui. Wierd. Ya know, you would have to shed several layers (I WOULDN'T BE THE SANTA YOU KNOW AND LOVE.) when you head out this way. I bet the presents would have little sweat drips on them coming from all that hear you carry on your face! hah.(ACTUALLY, I'M IN AND OUT OF THE HOT PLACES SO QUICKLY, I DON'T HAVE TIME TO WORK UP A SWEAT.) Jk. But really! It's so hot right now, and the birds are chirping and the waves crashing. Christmas? Really? (ABSOLUTELY!  CHRISTMAS ISN'T BOUND TO COLD, QUIET AND DARK.) It sure doesn't feel like it....It's my first bizarre Christmas. Good for the fact that I am here with my Husband totally just soaking up each-others company. Totally selfish, and fun. (THIS MAKES SANTA VERY HAPPY.) Bad in the fact that were lonely. (I'M SORRY, SWEET GIRL.)  We miss our friends and family. (AND, THEY MISS YOU AND YOUR HUSBAND.) It's weird to have nowhere else to go and also that Chris has to work on Christmas. We have a pretty tree but it's nothing like a fresh cut mountain loved tree with gaps. (YOU'VE DONE A LOVELY JOB ON THE TREE.) We have cute stockings but no mantel. (WHILE A MANTEL IS NICE, GROWING UP - YOU DIDN'T ALWAYS HAVE A MANTEL EITHER.....NICE, BUT CERTAINLY NOT NECESSARY.) Thats about all the Christmas decor we have. Ok, So I shouldn't lose sight of what Christmas is all about, and I should realize that many people today can't even buy themselves a tree let alone food so Yes, we are grateful. (GOOD FOR YOU.  I KNEW YOU'D QUICKLY FIND THE BALANCE.)
Oh what to want for Christmas. Well I would love to know what the heck we are supposed to be doing this next year....hah Chris Im sure would love to know if this job is for him and if there are others out there that would allow him to support a family and be happy at the same time. I would love to know what we are supposed to do and where we are supposed to end up, cause then, we will be able to plan when to add a lil Evans into the equation. Hard part is not knowing. Totally just not knowing. Confusion too. (AS YOU KNOW, AS THE LORD SEES FIT AND AS YOU TWO CONTINUE TO LEAN ON HIM, HE WILL REVEAL YOUR "NEXT STEP" AT THE PERFECT MOMENT.) Tying to make everyone happy. (LIVE SO AS TO MAKE THE LORD HAPPY......THE REST TAKES CARE OF ITSELF.) You know what thats like. Except you can just put them on the naught list if you or others can't make them happy. Your whole goal is to make people happy. It seems like that is always what I am trying to do as well. It is exhausting. (YES IT IS.  YOUR FATHER STRUGGLED WITH THIS FOR YEARS. SMART FELLA BUT SOMETIMES - A SLOW LEARNER.) Then how do you know that after you give the good kids what they want for Christmas that they are then still totally happy and satisfied with your decision of gift that you gave them? Sorry, a little deep for a Santa letter? (NOT REALLY.  YOU CAN ALWAYS TELL SANTA ANYTHING.) Well anyway. Chris and I are happy where we are but we are not Satisfied. Something good will come along. God has brought us this far and taken care of us I am sure that his plan is what we have to rely on. (BINGO!) That will take patience. (And boy howdy am I NOT good at waiting!!!) So I guess I ask for Prayer for Patience for Chris and I. We also ask for prayer for any kind of signs that would make our future all the more clear like Chris getting a sales job offer somewhere else, or something like that -....? (ON THIS CHRISTMAS, I GIVE YOU AND YOUR HUSBAND WHAT YOU ASK.)Anyway. Guess we will be  waiting for you tonight as we will be sleeping under the Christmas tree. (FUN) You are so sneaky though we might miss ya. (BY NOW, YOU KNOW THAT YOU DID "MISS" ME.) So Happy holidays and Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday to the most precious Baby Jesus ever. (AMEN) Thanks for always taking my letters Santa. (YOU'RE WELCOME AND, THEY BLESS ME SO.) Safe Travels! (THANK YOU.  RUDOLPH AND THE OTHERS ALWAYS TAKE SUCH GOOD CARE OF ME.)
Love Katherine Beth.  (LOVE TO YOU AS WELL.  SOMETHING THAT GOD, HIS SON AND YOUR FAMILY BELIEVE VERY, VERY STRONGLY - YOU ARE SPECIAL!!!!  MERRY CHRISTMAS, KATHERINE BETH.)



2 comments:

  1. Kat, what a cute, cute letter you wrote! And its so fun to see your dad's comments back to you. Gives a little glimpse into the good relationship that you have with him. Makes me want to be a good mom to my adult kids both now and in the years to come. Thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kristine, My dad has done this every year! He is the best. I think you are doing a great job! Love you!

    ReplyDelete