
Ok, so maybe we feel a little guilty as our poor pets are being watched in a strange place as we have been taking care of "moving" details. We will have furniture here next week, nice furniture....so we want the cats to have a place that is theirs to destroy. hah. The blinds are perfect for them thank goodness, so they will have that corner, window and all. Chris and I have been just driving all around...checking things out, trying different food, comparing prices..the average learning about your new home stuff. There are certain items for the house we know we need; bar stools, area rug and entry-way rug, coffee table, Chris' Daddy chair (chris called it that :) Cute) he was also talking about getting a bigger bed with knowledge of a little one climbing in there...ah he is melting my heart with this baby talk lately. We've been taking notes and in the meantime finding other darling places to shop and or eat. Today we were in Ocean Beach looking in SEVeral antique shops. LOVE it. I have a certain passion for antiques, collections, treasures, mom's, grandma's, great grandmas things that they loved way back when! As I was seeing all these precious things filled with history, i realized how many antique items I have!! When I unpack them, I will do a post about it :) I personally would NEVER be rid of these things, I have no idea how people do it. Desperation for the evil green money I guess. Chris and I tried out our hot-tub this evening! FUN! We also were asked to go to church with my brothers best friend John Slagle and his wife Heidi and then they treated us to lunch! So Kind! They gave us some information that will be helpful and took us to the most REFREShing restaurant (they are the only people we know here..)Well, tomorrow we are doing laundry, visiting the cats, packing carry-ons and going to bed early to wake for our flight to WASHINGTON!!!!! AHHHHH I am SOOO excited!!! MANY people I know and love SOO deeply have gone through many hard things over these 6 months of me being gone, and it's been very hard to be so helpless. I can't wait to HUG them soo hard and long. Everyone else I can't wait to see too like my FAMILY! :) AHH. I am going to The Rustic Coffee to bring back the best coffee ever :) And to Zuanich Park, my favorite place in the world. I am just excited :) My Grandpa Murphy from St. Louis will be there the day we fly in! ah. life is good. I wish the time were longer....but I am excited to get our things back, fill our home, and start our new life here in San Diego. I am nervous about finding a job although God has been so faithful to us, I am not going to let that worry get to me. I hope you all had a fantastic Mothers Day Weekend! Peace out.
Ahhhhhhh! I'm SO excited that you actually did it! You made an adventure, moved to Maui, and now onto the next adventure, and back on the mainland! It feels like you are just across the street! I can't wait to hug you and someday see your SD home!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe it Kristine. It's soo crazy. hah. I can't wait till you visit!!!
ReplyDelete