Friday, May 27, 2011

Moving Party!!!

I want to give a HUGE shout out to all those that helped with our move and are still helping be rid of all of our extra stuff!!! 
Mom, Dad, Aunt Vicki, Tyler, Buddy, Jake, Uncle Kris, Cousin Jake, Talia, Sarah, Mark, Chris Illman, Uncle Russ, Heather, Christian, Katie's boyfriend, and anyone else I missed if you so much as lifted a box we sincerely thank you!!! I cannot believe the amount of STUFF chris and I had. WOW. So it was an entire day of going through things, packing the truck and then dumping left-overs at aunt vickis. YIKES!. Looong day followed by another long day. 23.5 hrs straight driving by my husband alone. He is amazing. Tyler came with us to help with the lifting and unloading of things since i have an 80yr olds back. hah. We were able to stop in Oregon to have dinner with Grandpa Sinclair (Chris and Tylers Grandpa). We had a lovely coffee time and meal with him and his lady Ginger. Soo nice to get caught up. A nice little break from the road too. When we arrived there was no sleep to be had....just more unpacking and unpacking. Tyler was here for just a few days. We were able to go to the San Diego Zoo as our one fun thing. SOO fun. A nice and NEEDED break too. Then after and before everything fun still continued more errands or un-packing. We gathered two HUGE batches of things to consign, pawn and donate. I can't believe though we are actually seeing light at the end of the tunnel! I figure in a few weeks the house should be good to go with only a few projects left to do :) YAY! Chris has his first meeting today with the new boss. He is supposedly going to be Manager in the Macys at Fashion Valley! (the mall he wanted.!) I can't wait to hear how it goes. Once I know his schedule and exact location I will begin to look for a job as well. wow. What a process moving is. We have yet to make friends, find a bank we want, get involved in a church, young life, sports I wanted to play and still learning about hott places to eat and events we must attend! Life doesn't look like it will be slowing down any time soon! Kinda nice that way though :) I already miss my Ileta and Bookland Family terribly. Maui's ocean is calling my name every day. I am going to embrace this place though and just be happy about the day I visit my once home, again. 

Here are some photos of the moving day and the zoo!!! 

Best Buds. Jake and Chris

More Best Buds! Calvin, Me, Sarah!

CUTE!

Here WE GOOOO!!!


The boys ready to ride the bus around the zoo! 


My FAVS! 



reminders of Maui.




have our babies back at home safe and sound :) 

2 comments:

  1. So, so glad that you've made it through the hardest parts of the move! All that physically exhausting stuff. You're tough and brave. Can't wait to read stories of you getting your job and Chris excelling in his job! And the friends you'll make. Thanks for blogging so we can follow your world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah me too. hah. I love you friend, you blog readers have become such a comfort to me.

    ReplyDelete