Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Where has the time gone? Our 1yr Anniversary in Maui!


Wow. First of all I have to say. I love my husband more than anything imaginable. I am the happiest with him. He is my other half. We, together, took a leap. We jumped pretty far out of the box you could say. It was probably the best thing we have ever done. (So far...we are still pretty young! :)) It wasn't without tears, it hasn't been without struggle or growth. We have been able to grow immensely together as friends, a team. We have had countless adventures. Chris and I have made goals of things we want to do while we are here and I swear we only have like 4 things left to do, in Maui anyway. We have had a chance to know the pretties and ugliness of the island. We have had a taste of the cultures of the locals. Just everything you get to know, love, and hate about a place that you live in I think we have had figured out within the first year. Wow. I just can't believe that i can tell my chillins that we did this. I am happy. Ya know, there is something about working just out of High School and having all your peers moms ask you what you are doing for a career and for education. All you can say Is "I don't know, or I am just working." I felt the judgement, I felt shamed and like I was not living up to my potential. This is something big like college I guess you could say. We dreamed about doing something and we made it happen, that simple. I guess surfing, zip lining, sailing, jumping off rocks into the ocean, snorkeling, sneaking into hotel pools and etc. is better than collage parties! I just hope that our children will admire us for this leap. I hope it will let them know that nothing can keep them from accomplishing their dreams. Well it has been a fabulous year. We have been blessed by the Lord. Without him, we would not be here. He put everything into place. He knew the things we needed to learn. He had his plans for us. We are just rolling with it. We have no clue where he is going to guide us next. Literally no clue. All we have decided to do is get out of debt and save and live one day at a time until there is clarity about our future. We are just chilaxin. It's maui time baby. Chris brought up how much I used to get head-aches back home, I really don't have them here. God has totally blessed my hurt body with some relief here. It's been a blessing that I haven't even paid attention to. Well here is a toast to my Husband, you are my everything. I don't want to live a day without you by my side. To God for this marvelous adventure that is not finished, for everything He has provided from friends to financial situations. Cheers to our loved ones who have supported us in this move and act of change. It would have been so miserable without your excitement and encouragement. Again I say Wow. I can't believe it. 2010, you better bring it, cause watch out - the Evans are in town.

3 comments:

  1. Kat,
    Wow that is an incredible post. Love the adventure, the togetherness, the frankness of the post. I understand about feeling judged for decisions. Sometimes I still feel like that. there are times that I wish we would have done something like you are doing. Roll with it girl. I admire you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kat!
    I love, love, LOVE hearing you speak from your heart! You guys have made an amazing adventure this year and I am so excited to see where God leads you and how He builds on this foundation!! What fun to start off as your own family doing CRAZY things and learning to not worry about what people think!! That is such a trap the enemy tries to get us in... fear of man....and so hard to break out of!?!

    Keep sharing your heart...be transparent and honest! God will use you in mighty ways as you open up your heart to others...we can all learn so much from each other! I love it when people can be real with each other and share what is really going on in their life...My motto, or goal/hope is "if you know me, you KNOW me..."

    From what I see of you, you are a gem! Keep posting and including us in your journey! You are influencing many lives as you share what God is doing with you!!
    In Christ,
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! It has been a crazy twist of changes to our lives. I still can't believe that we are here somedays. I seriously have no clue what is to come but for some reason i am ok with that!

    Leslie - It's nice to know other people have felt judged for going outside of the box. It's hard when you are a people pleaser and have lived the same kinda life for 22 years. Change is so hard but so good, I have had to learn.

    Tara - thank you so much for the encouragement. Sometimes its hard to be transparent cause it's not all good. People tend to take sharing anything negative as pity party rather than it's all good. It will pass. ya know? But I will take your advice and still continue share my heart and not hold it all in. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete