(The last hall line up for stockings in 356 South Park St, Lynden, Wa. 98264 - We were all there, just how it's supposed to be.)
(Me and little brother Michael in front of the house on the first day of School.)
My old room!
Ahh, So my dad is as of February 1, 2010, is going to be Western Washington University's Labor and Employee Relations Manager!! This is fantastic! This is a great change for Mom and Dad as the Lynden District has not been very kosher for the past while. Although this means that they are going to move to another house! So funny thing, when we moved into the 356 South Park St. house, I hated it. I was 9 and not very good with change (well still kinda not so good :( ) I wanted to still be in Maple Valley in the house that we had built. I wanted to be near my friends and such. I loved the yard, the forest that we had. It was a perfect place. I had the room with the biggest window. Anyway, I was not a happy camper. So from 9 years old to 21 I lived in that house. I lived there with my whole family. We had holidays there. We had parties there. We lived, laughed and loved there. It gained a sense of magic. A Magical palace full of good memories and happiness. We also went through awful things there. Horrible, awful things. Point is, we got through them. That house describes family in every aspect good and bad. After I got married and moved out, that house became the place that I imagined bringing my children to. For holidays, for birthdays and parties and spend-overs with Gamma and Gampa. It was the place I came back to, to have dates with Mom and talk as adults about life present, past and future. Memories running in my head a million miles a minute. The other day they had the realtor over, and today they are working like crazy, going through things, scraping, painting and primping the place preparing it for sale. Ah, breath. Ok, this is a good thing. A good change. Less yard space for mom to work on by herself giving her body a break. Less square footage for mom to keep up also giving her hard working self a break. Enough room for holiday family visitors and enough room to feed every member of the family at the same table - moms request. This house will be in bellingham, so It is closer to all Moms and Dads family who reside there also. It will be in the best town ever. It will be beautiful because Mom is an amazing interior decorator. It will be what we call home. It will be the house my children someday will always see as this blissful place where they get to see their grandparents. I kind of cannot wait. I can imagine Mom and Dad sitting on the deck of a little white house with blue shutters. They are drinking iced tea and playing a mean game of skip-bo. Totally happy, totally content. I like it already. Oh man, here is to change! Hip Hip Hooray!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment