Monday, March 1, 2010
Girls Night!!
Ahhhh I just had a very much needed girly night!!!! Haha this probably sounds so stupid to most, but if you knew me before I moved to Maui - I was always doing something; with cousins, with friends, with my mom etc. I was Mrs. Social. If I was ever having problems I would always have somewhere to go to talk about them without dumping the un-necessary drama on my husband. I often would have a coffee date, a shower to go to, a church girl function, a walk partner - again etc. I have gone 1 year 1 month and 20 days without primo girl time. I am not sick of my hubby. I am not tired of him or anything. I just have been truly craving time with a friend. Kinda hard to do that when you don't know anyone in the place you live, or if you don't want to go clubbing or drinking or smoke pot. So it has taken a while for me to trust anyone or let anybody in. I met Ileta when I was working at the jewelry store. She has been so great. We have had a few dates. Movie with a glass of wine, Superbowl party, movie and dinner at my house, but this day was the best. We went for a walk on the beach starting from my house and we talked about everything you want to talk about with a girl. Then we took some fun photos with my manuel (Hopefully they turn out) and walked back to my house. We made dinner and were still talking more girl talk while prepping the food. We turned on the Tv and watched some American Idol and discussed like people do when they have things in common and walked to the theaters to watch Dear John. I paid for her ticket and she paid for popcorn, just like dear friends would do. We cried during the whole thing and then walked back to my place to finish watching American Idol finals and had tea and cookies. We have things in common and know that we have differences of opinion but respect each-other. It was just such a great night. The Lord totally blessed me that night. I had been praying for something like that. Ill add the photos to this when I get the film developed. YAY for GIRLFRIENDS!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

that is so cool! How wonderful when you can see God providing.
ReplyDeleteWhat fun! It must be the gal in the shop across from the jewelry store? I remember the day we were shopping and hanging out in town and every time I would peek in at you the two of you were talking. You said how nice she was. So glad you had a fun girl day.
ReplyDeleteOh it was so fun Leslie!
ReplyDeleteKristine I LOVE that you know who I am talking about!! haha, yeah I think that was her! We never really worked when we worked at the same time...:)